LegacyGT.com

Burning Coolant, Alot.

Hey guys,

So my car was burning alot of oil and some coolant. We narrowed it down to the turbo. I replaced my vf40 with a bolt on 16g and had the car tuned. After it came back from the tuning shop the car ran great for about a week and a half. All of the sudden I was sitting at a light and a big plume of smoke goes rushing past my car from behind me (obv), I got out of the car and realized it was coming from my exhaust. At first the smell was not of oil or coolant. It was a plastic like burning smell. I took the car home and let it sit over night and started it in the morning. It had no smoke for the first 2 mins then it slowly started. The muffler tips were wet, like dripping wet. I live in south Florida so this is not condensation from temp change as it is hot as shit here all the time. The car runs fine, idles perfect and accelerates and gets boost no problem but yet I have this problem. Any ideas? Head gasket?

Man I hope you figure this out. This has been happening to me too. It only happens when at idle after driving awhile, i.e. a stop light, or stop and go traffic. If I turn my car off, and restart it, it stops for at least a couple minutes. I've taken it to two different Subaru shops, and they haven't found anything.

I haven't been able to get out and smell the exhaust, but its not really blue, just looks like A LOT of exhaust. I'm not really going through coolant or oil either. :spin: It's been driving me nuts. If you're not going through too much coolant, and temps are staying normal, it's hopefully not the HG's.

Archived