LegacyGT.com

Buick regal gs 2001

The 3800 has a roots style supercharger that is integrated into the v6 intake manifold.

I would buy your Grandfather's Buick GS. Park your Legacy about 100ft away and set the park braking. Get into your Grandpa's Buick and drive it full speed forward into the front of your Legacy. It will be the closest your 2.5i engine will ever to having a supercharger off of a 3800 V6 :D Even if you threw both cars away and bought a Legacy GT, you would ahead of the game and the cost of re-engineering a 3800 v6 intake manifold and supercharger in order to make it fit a Subaru H4 motor.

It should work, just make sure you buy the apppropriate gaskets. Don't listen to the nay sayers up above, they don't know wither platform well. It doesn't take an engineer to see that there is clearly space to do so. You will have to cut away a bit, and you'll probably need the GT hood but that would be an upgrade. The carbon fiber is a great upgrade in itself.

It should work, just make sure you buy the apppropriate gaskets. Don't listen to the nay sayers up above, they don't know wither platform well. It doesn't take an engineer to see that there is clearly space to do so. You will have to cut away a bit, and you'll probably need the GT hood but that would be an upgrade. The carbon fiber is a great upgrade in itself.

Just different gaskets? Haha, try an entirely new, totally custom intake manifold.

A LGT hood won't give room for the SC. The opening is behind the intake manifold completely, since it is made to direct air through the intercooler that would sit there. Not to mention the neck of the SC that has to extend out to be in line with the belts. There isn't a lot of vertical clearance under the hood.

Sure, anything is possible with an endless supply of money, but it doesn't take an engineer to to see that it would clearly be very difficult and who knows how expensive.

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

:lol: yes

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I tought of placing it instead of the air intake box and rerouting all the wires and tube there

And installing a sort of turbo piping to connect it to the trottle body...

And putting the air filter in the fender

The thing i want to know is do i need to change injectors, rod and that kind of stuff?

I'm sure that's rule of thumb replacing the stock rods and pistons for strength and using internals for a lower compression ratio for sc'ing as it is with adding a turbo. Unless your tuning for under 9psi I cant see why you would go through the trouble and cash for something so tame.

why???? Just get a LGT and build that instead... all that work and its going to look and run like CRAP!!!!! Unless you really know what your doing, and if thats the case then you wouldnt be asking on the forum. just my .02$

Just different gaskets? Haha, try an entirely new, totally custom intake manifold.

A LGT hood won't give room for the SC. The opening is behind the intake manifold completely, since it is made to direct air through the intercooler that would sit there. Not to mention the neck of the SC that has to extend out to be in line with the belts. There isn't a lot of vertical clearance under the hood.

Sure, anything is possible with an endless supply of money, but it doesn't take an engineer to to see that it would clearly be very difficult and who knows how expensive.

You're wrong. If you had any experience with supercharging a legacy you'd know better. Do some research.

theres a fine line between being different and being stupid. being different is putting a supercharger on a 2.5i legg. being stupid is trying to make something work without weighing your options.

"i want to supercharge my legacy. let me look at all possible options, compare different types of superchargers and systems to my mechanical abilities, and draw a conclusion."

then theres you...

"granpas got a supercharger on his buick, so i wanna put that exact supercharger on my car. because hell, i already got it, and it shouldnt be that hard."

Archived