LegacyGT.com

parking lights stay on!! is the dusk and dawn sensor on this vehicles?

hi,

i am bit puzzled i have just bought a first geneeration subaru liberty(legacy) and just tonight i was suprised that i after opening and closing the doors the parking lights( small lights next to head lights staying on) is that normal is tehre a sensor that does this. i pulled the fuse out of the box and it turned off. thsi wasnst the case during the day today.

could that be a faulty wire or a fuse?? please help!??

+1

The headlights and parking lights are wired so that they shut off when you go to remove the key from the ignition, but the switch on top of the steering column is there to turn on the parking lights when the key is not in the ignition. That damn switch is pretty much a dead battery waiting to happen if you ask me...

Haha. Welcome :D

Honestly I have no clue. Its not bright enough to illuminate anything

in front of you. It's pretty pointless from my experience.

Also this "That damn switch is pretty much a dead battery waiting to happen if you ask me" haha

• 5 months later...
*bump* because this thread reminds me of that button everytime i hit it when cleaning my car and cant figure out why my parking lights wont turn off :D *cough* now going to heaed downstairs and turn off my parking lights :D

In the state I live in there is a law that if you are inside of a parked vehicle the parking lights must be on. Any occupied vehicle that is not in motion must have parking lights on.This law is technically on the books but its never enforced. Then again, its also illegal in my state to cross the Boston Common after dark without a shotgun in case of bears, so there are tons of these laws that nobody ever gets caught for.

http://www.dumblaws.com/laws/united-states/massachusetts

I'd get in trouble for this one...

An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
My favorites...

A woman can not be on top in sexual activities.
I plead guilty.

It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.
I'm on board with this one.

All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday.
In case the priest touches your children.

At a wake, mourners may eat no more than three sandwiches.
I've never been to a wake with sandwiches! :(

In North Andover an ordinance prohibits the use of space guns.
Good thing I left mine back in Rowley where space guns are still legal!

In Boston duels to the death permitted on the common on Sundays provided that the Governor is present.
I think I'll email Governor Devall Patrick right now and see if he's free this Sunday.

:lol:

Nope. When I was at Triton I did learn that its legal for minors to smoke cigarettes, minors just can't buy cigarettes. :lol:

Ahhh Triton. Lowest scores for miles and miles. Its gotta be them Salisbury kids messing it up for Newbury and Rowley... Too bad Newburyport won't take them. ;)

When my son is old enough to go to middle/high school I'm sending him to Georgetown instead. If not he might wind up like me..... :lol:

And the button is there because it's a legal requirement in some countries to actually be able to turn on the parking lights when the car is parked.

But almost nobody uses that feature.

Yes it is a requirement in certain countries on the other side of pond. What's more, some cars there have a switch to keep only either left or right side parking lights on.

I actually use the switch every so often when I park my car and want it to be visible in the dark - for myself and other drivers.

But have no fear - this feature is gone in current gen Legacy/Outback, at least in North America.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Archived