LegacyGT.com

What'd you do to your FIRST Gen. Subaru today?

ha, Im rocking the same head-unit. came with my double-din kit. Currently saving some monies to actually get a double din radio.

Im bummed cause i bought it just 2 years ago and bluetooth connectivity is optional. Yet i can get a new unit, CHEAPER, WITH bluetooth built in!... I hate how electronics get cheaper with more features..... sheesh

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc403/Mk2thg92/20130905_152637-1_zpse67282fc.jpg

traded the 18s for 17 inch adr sokudo 10s and emmy looks so much better, considering flares and a subtle drop

Edited by Ihada147

There are a few things that are pretty neat about this motor I thought..like the thermostat housing is cast aluminum along with the motor mount brackets, and the castings on the block are quite different too. Eh..anyway i'll be disassembling the motor during the week and putting the regrinded cams in along with searching for a good master headgasket and motor gasket set. Any recommendations on those types of kits..I saw one on the internet that came with ALL seals and gaskets for $89 bucks but sounds terribly cheap to me, figured I might stay away from those.

Bought and installed new front rotors today. The one was only under minimum spec by .006 ....I have to switch provincial insurance, and therefore need a saftey inspection pass to do so. That was the only thing she failed on:)

Pleaidestar: get the OE head gaskets. Cheap out on the others if you want, they are a lot easier to replace if they fail!

Safety inspection test? Do they pop the hood for that? Glad we don't have that or emissions, I would be screwed...no airbags, no emissions anad shoots flames while downshifting... LOL. I only pay 30$/mo for insurance on my L, if they knew it wasn't a fwd NA motor, they would double it. One reason I turbo swapped an L instead. NSA is probably listening right now, LOL.

Over the weekend I decided to take a couple of drunk friends up for a joyride at 2am. Tarmac turned to loose gravel and I thought I was Colin McCrae, I came around a blind corner sideways and it was loose as marbles, hung the left rear off the road into the ditch. I kept my foot in it and managed to keep it on the road. I got a few arizona bush stripes and pretty good scratch on the lower rocker panel in front of the left rear. I was actually suprized of how the paint held up, the bushes didnt leave scratches but the rocks did. That first scratch is always the worst, at least it was more of a battle wound.

OEM or go home!!! Pleidestar, I have some good 22t heads and intake mani for cheap! Boost that phase 1 22E! Ill even give you my vf11 when I pull it.

How much would be looking for on these heads? Sounds great but I know nothing about turbocharging an n/a vehicle. Wouldn't I need ecu, crossmember piping etc? I'm sure there is more..forgive me when I think about turbos I feel like a 15 year old again with a new car:)

The cool thing about the first gens is you don't have to merge a first gen turbo leggy harness with the n/a. The are basically the same, all you have to do is reverse the polarity of a couple sensors (don't remember which, but easy to find on bbs). Then you use the 22T ecu. But that would only work with your 22e if it is the same compression as the 22t and I'm not sure how different they are.

And yeah, you'd need the notched crossmember, downpipe, uppipe. Probably too much of a pain in the ass, lol.

However, there are a few guys on NASIOC and elsewhere that boosted their 22es with 22T heads and used the NA ECU. They just run about 5 psi and use a fuel pressure regulator. The VF11 doesn't need an intercooler too.

Sounds like a good project and the offer is much appreciated monkey, I would need to get the car back on the road soon and who knows what the future holds for that. I'm due for another project after this one, maybe rebuilding the original motor to boost it. Could the vf11 be intercooled if you chose to do so?

Thought I'd pop in since I've been so busy with my 1st gen, and you guys started talking about EJ22E Turbos ;) I am actually in the middle of turbo-ing and RWD manual swapping my '93 AWD 4EAT L The manual is all bolted in aside from the rear shifter bushing which I lost :mad: So a new one will be here on Friday... I've also wired that in which was rather easy after finding the right forum pages ;)

As for the turbo swap, I'm running my stock EJ22E block, heads, and ECU. But running an EJ22T intake manifold with injectors and IACV. I'm running a bugeye intercooler, a 1st gen VF11, a Foz XT turbo manifold, a cat-less '06 LGT up-pipe, and a 3" Bugeye wagon catted turbo-back.

I'll be monitoring AFRs with an AEM wideband, and boost with a ProSport electronic boost gauge, also picked up a 1st gen (5-dial) SAFC to do some fine tuning, although from months of research and knowing others that have actually done these builds, they run reasonably well up to 8psi on just injectors, or with just an 8:1 RRFPR

Thought I'd pop in since I've been so busy with my 1st gen, and you guys started talking about EJ22E Turbos ;) I am actually in the middle of turbo-ing and RWD manual swapping my '93 AWD 4EAT L The manual is all bolted in aside from the rear shifter bushing which I lost :mad: So a new one will be here on Friday... I've also wired that in which was rather easy after finding the right forum pages ;)

As for the turbo swap, I'm running my stock EJ22E block, heads, and ECU. But running an EJ22T intake manifold with injectors and IACV. I'm running a bugeye intercooler, a 1st gen VF11, a Foz XT turbo manifold, a cat-less '06 LGT up-pipe, and a 3" Bugeye wagon catted turbo-back.

I'll be monitoring AFRs with an AEM wideband, and boost with a ProSport electronic boost gauge, also picked up a 1st gen (5-dial) SAFC to do some fine tuning, although from months of research and knowing others that have actually done these builds, they run reasonably well up to 8psi on just injectors, or with just an 8:1 RRFPR

Sweet!!! :icon_twis

I have a slight leak in my steering rack and ripped boot, so I ordered a rebuild kit, new boots and some other goodies. Whiteline 18mm swaybushings, superpro steering rack bushings and ebay endlinks. Its always nice upgrading something at the same time repairing something. Besides that, last week I changed my engine oil and trans oil. I usually run mobile1 but I've heard some great reviews on shell rotella t6 synthetic 5-40. Turns out a lot of track whores use it because of the abuse it can take, its pretty cheap also $21.99/gallon. For my gearbox I decided that my wrx trans is in too good condition to run Scotty's cocktail and switched to using subaru's super S. I had a friend who bought a 5 gallon drum of it so I got it for 10$/qt http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20130925_211151_zps02a1573d.jpg Edited by USLiberty

Yesterday I installed my endlinks and went to install the whiteline bushings but they didn't fit, inside diameter is fine but the outside is too large. I will probably attempt to trim them down nextweekend. I just left the factory bushings in which were in good condition. I also aligned the front wheels, I had a good amount of toe in and tires were wearing fast. I used two yardsticks tied together with a couple tiewraps

Got new front pads, found out the rear brake line was plugged up, bled the rear brakes, new rear rotors. Went out to bed in the brake pads, working good, but i lost my power steering again. It had a leak in the high pressure outlet of the pump, put in a new line and it was working for awhile. The pump now sounds strangely quiet, any way to test and see, i don't see any leaks or puddles, and there is plenty of fluid.

That is strange, was it noisy at one point? I haven't had this problem yet but I wonder if a seal issue inside the rack could cause excessive pressure and blow the pump along with causing a leak. Usually the pump gets loud before its going out. I will be rebuilding my steering rack soon, it has some play and a leak, I got a subaru rack rebuild kit and there's 2 seals for each side. One seal is like a piston wuth a hole that the shaft goes through. It also goes inside and I could see how if it was bad, it would fail without leaking out of the rack. Ill post some pics of the rebuild or seal kit if you want.

That's pretty cheap actually. I found my steering rack bushings were really worn and like rubber bands. I got my rack rebuilt last night but still have to install new boots on the steering arms. My rack wasn't as bad as I thought but I did have some backlash wear which I sanded out of the shaft. Most of the wear occurs while tge wheels are straight so I will change the pinion gear so it rest on a unworn area of the shaft.

Local rally was held, national championship was given to the yellow evo, which had the most money into the car, full dogbox sequiential gearbox. The wrecked impreza was a friend of mine and he was closing in on the evo when he rolled it, flipped it and rolled it some more. He didn't finish the stage but survived wreck with no injuries. the car did fire up after they recovered it. http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20131005_173201_zps7e1e4249.jpghttp://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20131005_173413_zps63b94837.jpghttp://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20131005_173322_zps3f6b765f.jpghttp://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20131005_211119_zps4be85c47.jpghttp://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20131005_211144_zpsf9e6d102.jpghttp://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20131005_211444_zps82949b1a.jpghttp://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/onefastlt/IMG_20131005_211208_zps967f1694.jpg Edited by USLiberty