LegacyGT.com

Dual Mass FW to Single FW Quick Question

krazykorean35

Clutch went out and I am a complete n00b to LGT clutch setups and I need a quick answer about the path I want to go with it.

From searching/reading I've narrowed down what I think is what I want to do.

Swap over the stock DMFW to a single disc 06+ wrx flywheel, get some new flywheel bolts/fluid etc, the EXEDY FJK1001 OE clutch kit and it will all bolt up to my 05 LGT

Just need to know if this is true or if I've been mis-reading what I found through search.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Exedy FJK1001 will work perfectly with the 06+ WRX SMFW replacement.

BTW, I went with the Exedy 15804 Stage 1 clutch for a little more holding power and so far it's been great. Feels awesome, especially after my bad experience with the CM FX350. It is a bit more expensive though. If you're keeping your car stock, stick with the OEM replacement kit and you won't regret it.

Exedy FJK1001 will work perfectly with the 06+ WRX SMFW replacement.

BTW, I went with the Exedy 15804 Stage 1 clutch for a little more holding power and so far it's been great. Feels awesome, especially after my bad experience with the CM FX350. It is a bit more expensive though. If you're keeping your car stock, stick with the OEM replacement kit and you won't regret it.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, my car is staying stock motor wise due to laziness and me spending money in other places. :lol:

Clutch went out and I am a complete n00b to LGT clutch setups and I need a quick answer about the path I want to go with it.

From searching/reading I've narrowed down what I think is what I want to do.

Swap over the stock DMFW to a single disc 06+ wrx flywheel, get some new flywheel bolts/fluid etc, the EXEDY FJK1001 OE clutch kit and it will all bolt up to my 05 LGT

Just need to know if this is true or if I've been mis-reading what I found through search.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Just buy the FJK1001FW in stead has it all in the box;)

• 2 months later...

Yes the SMFW bolts are different than the DMFW bolts.

-Mike Paisan

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/153798190.jpg

Maintaining, Modifying and Educating TriState Enthusiasts since 2001.

Like us on Facebook! | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) |AIM: AZP Installs

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

• 2 weeks later...

Please help me guys I messed up big. Turns out the fjk1001 I got on eBay was "new open box" and when I got it was used and the disc was cracked. So the seller sent a refund and I kept the kit.

I then bought an act 3000502 street disc which is for 06 wrx, and a used 06 wrx flywheel had it resurfaced and used the pp and tob from the kit.

Got everything installed yesterday and it's slipping so bad I can't drive it. It's my only car and now I have to tear everything back out to do it again. So where did I go wrong? And what do I need to change when I go back in there?

Archived