LegacyGT.com

Somebody explain something to me

Of all of the cars I have owned, most legacy owners I have come accross in person are for the most part, the most rude.

If I see someone on the road, with a legacy GT that has been modified somewhat, I know that person must be an enthusiast of some sort, so I always wave or signal in some way. The unfortunate part is that they look at me like i'm some schmuck or comepletely avoid me.

There was a guy just the other day on the freeway behind me. I tried to wave and give a thumbs up, but this person pulled along side of me, stared me down, and took off.

It's happened about 6 times in a row now. I've had more compliments from non-subaru owners than actual subaru owners. :rolleyes:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd

Maybe its your screen name, is that the same as your plate? :lol:

I find guys with modified LGTs are cool. Those who are stock look at me like I am a stalker if I wave :lol:

Could have to do with how many are in the area?

I tried to wave

there's your problem

"do not try.....do....or do not, there is no try"

perhaps you're not able to successfully complete your waves b/c you have to shift so often with the 6mt; might require addn'l practice

also, if you are trying to wave, but fail and end up blowing a kiss by mistake, that might be setting off some of the other drivers as well :spin:

If you don`t want rude you need to move out of the big cities and head for the hills. That`s what I did 12 years ago. I use to work in Manhattan and drove 140 miles round trip each day to my home in up state N.Y. Rude is nothing how about road rage. Too many people driving at the same time means stop n go traffic and no patience. One of my customers about 15 years ago told me a story about his son in law who worked for UPS in the city and lived out on the Island. One night while driving home on the L.I.E. in the left hand lane wasn`t going fast enough for the car behind him. When he was able to move over 1 lane they pulled up beside him and fired 7 shots into his car, 5 hit him. He spent over a month in the hospital and was lucky to be alive. I am so freaken happy I left the rat race and moved to Maine. The people are soo different up here that I probably appear to be rude to them. Although there have been alot of massholes moving in lately.

FIB??

Most suby drivers in my area 'seem' the same way..

I will often wave at Evos, Subys, Acuras, Nissans, pretty much anyone that has done work to their car (as long as it's tasteful, which can be more then not). Most don't wave back, or will look at me like I have a set of balls growing on my forehead..

Of course our cars don't stand out, even with a hood scoop, rims, and exhaust, as much as Impreza, Evo, 350z, or an Integra that has been modded..

to the OP, it's a "regional" thing. there are places where people in similar cars are happy to wave and be friendly, and there are places where that doesn't happen.

apparently, you live in the latter of the two.

Ah, the Subaru owner. Intelligent, confident, resourceful, blazing his own independnt trail through life!

More like a timid, easily influenced, scared hanger-on who is afraid to stand on his own, and needs to be part of a larger group.

"Mommy, mommy! Why didn't that man in the blue Legacy wave? I tried to wave, I really did! Why does he hate me???" :confused::confused:

God, it's threads like these that make me appreciate my two Fords.

Ah, the Subaru owner. Intelligent, confident, resourceful, blazing his own independnt trail through life!

More like a timid, easily influenced, scared hanger-on who is afraid to stand on his own, and needs to be part of a larger group.

"Mommy, mommy! Why didn't that man in the blue Legacy wave? I tried to wave, I really did! Why does he hate me???" :confused::confused:

FIB?

I should have kept my Mustangs :rolleyes:

Archived