LegacyGT.com

Official 3.6R Mod List

you may have bottomed out due to worn shocks rather than ride height.

That's entirely possible too as the GVWR in our cars is bad as is (4 adults bogs the suspension), I added significant power which adds stress to the car.

That said the front lip is already very low too so I'll have to measure. Looks like a skirt almost.

Perscitus said at 90k it's time anyway so I'll have to look further into it. Regardless suspension first exhaust after

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, never said I intended on buying a new M4.. Not that rich... Probably a used M3. Is Percitus putting down 300whp-370ft lb to the wheels or is that to the engine? Because AWD hp and RWD hp are two very different things.

No..it's Bhp. To go from 200whp to 300 would require FI or a rebuild. Not to mention the 5EAT takes loses 25%+. We probably could put that if we rebuilt and upgraded the motor.

No..it's Bhp. To go from 200whp to 300 would require FI or a rebuild. Not to mention the 5EAT takes loses 25%+. We probably could put that if we rebuilt and upgraded the motor.

Then I guess I will still be content because if hes making 300bhp and 362ft lbs thats 33bhp less than a 2006 M3, yet 100ft-lbs more than same M3.

10.25lbs/1 hp -- 13lbs/1 ft-lbs ('06 M3 using numbers from Edmunds.com)

11.9lbs/1 hp -- 9.75lbs/1 ft-lbs (Perscitus bhp #s using 3529 Curb weight off Edmunds)

Though a little light on HP, you make it up on Torque so on the M3 only wins on all out top speed, should easily pull on one, even with the 5EAT especially after XRT 5EAT tuning.

Just realized I don't need to buy a used M3.

Then I guess I will still be content because if hes making 300bhp and 362ft lbs thats 33bhp less than a 2006 M3, yet 100ft-lbs more than same M3.

10.25lbs/1 hp -- 13lbs/1 ft-lbs ('06 M3 using numbers from Edmunds.com)

11.9lbs/1 hp -- 9.75lbs/1 ft-lbs (Perscitus bhp #s using 3529 Curb weight off Edmunds)

Though a little light on HP, you make it up on Torque so on the M3 only wins on all out top speed, should easily pull on one, even with the 5EAT especially after XRT 5EAT tuning.

Just realized I don't need to buy a used M3.

I think he's above that on XRT... I think 315/380..no dyno chart yet.. 0-60 prolly 4.6-4.8.

Our cars generate the power down low so the way they operate is different. 3.6R is a loafer.

Edited by Golferdude1087

Confirmed. 2.25".

Best to transition this into a 2.5" y with 2.5" metal core cats and 2.5" resonated catback. Or go 2.25 to 2.5 to 3.0 (many LGT catbacks).

A full custom 2.25" headerback would likely work great too, plenty of flow and decent backpressure for an NA 3.6.

Confirmed. 2.25".

Best to transition this into a 2.5" y with 2.5" metal core cats and 2.5" resonated catback. Or go 2.25 to 2.5 to 3.0 (many LGT catbacks).

A full custom 2.25" headerback would likely work great too, plenty of flow and decent backpressure for an NA 3.6.

What do you think of a 2.5" y with no cats and then after the y put 1 2.5" high flow cat followed by 2.5" resonator then cat-back? Is this a possibility? Could XRT tune vehicle to run off one cat?

Clearly I'm all about the environment, but I think with proper tuning and 1 cat is acceptable as most cars run just 1 cat and there are still a substantial amount of vehicles that don't run a cat. So I would still technically be environmentally friendly. Thanks for the info. This opens up many options, and I could always revert the vehicle completely back to stock if I ever sell and just put the stock tune back on with cat sensors.

Sounds good. Just helping.

Just make sure the cat can flow 300bhp.

My bbm group of 3.0/3.6 is a helpful group who seems to mod day in day out. Lol. If you like, email me and I will introduce you to the group. Its an international group.

Edited by west_minist

Clearly I'm all about the environment, but I think with proper tuning and 1 cat is acceptable as most cars run just 1 cat and there are still a substantial amount of vehicles that don't run a cat. So I would still technically be environmentally friendly. Thanks for the info. This opens up many options, and I could always revert the vehicle completely back to stock if I ever sell and just put the stock tune back on with cat sensors.

You are going to lose the ability to see the air to fuel ratio for each bank by deleting the o2 sensors. Why not try to keep them and then have the tuner remove the cel for catalytic converter efficiency that running cat less sets. Or add a single 02 sensor after the cat and extend the harness.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Has there been many documented rod stress failures on the H6. I believe the limiting factor with the rods was the space inside the crankcase. At any rate with so few H6 owners and even fewer willing to modify their cars and even fewer doing to the extent of risking rod failure, I don't see much of a market for them.