LegacyGT.com

TGV Deletes

fishbone

Having the TGVs gutted and having them ported out. Aside from the following codes, what others do I need to disable? I am assuming a tune is not a must. Extra airflow will be handled by the MAF and I will log just to make sure.

P2004 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 1)

P2005 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Open (Bank 2)

P2006 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed (Bank 1)

P2007 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed (Bank 2)

P2008 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit/Open (Bank 1)

P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 1)

P2011 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit/Open (Bank 2)

P2012 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 2)

P2016 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Low (Bank 1)

P2017 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit High (Bank 1)

P2021 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Low (Bank 2)

P2022 Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit High (Bank 2)

The extra air is still blowing by the MAF, isn't it? It should be metered air but either way I won't flog it without logging first to make sure everything is in order.

I doubt you'll need a tune. Flog a couple pulls before, and flog a couple pulls after, and compare the flogs. Then let the data tell you what to do next. My guess is that there will be no issues.

I figured as much because the TGVs are not a restrictor to begin with on stock turbos. I yanked mine out finally because they have been flaky for the past 2 years and now the pass side bank finally started sticking shut.

Just curious ... Wondering if you had any oil being ingested from the intake to cause the sticking of the TGV's?

I just finished cleaning up my TGV's (was considering deleting them) and found I was pulling an oil mist through the cold air side coming from the crankcase vents. So I installed a Air/Oil Seperator to see if that improves things.

I figured as much because the TGVs are not a restrictor to begin with on stock turbos. I yanked mine out finally because they have been flaky for the past 2 years and now the pass side bank finally started sticking shut.

blow by oil (like noticed in the tmic and coupler) can collect on the tgv flappers, and gum them up over time. this happens on the throttle body plate as well. as long as your pcv is clean and unobstructed, it should really be an issue. maybe with high mileage it can be? but that could correlate to a gunked pcv too at high mileage

I didn't do the work on them. Nope, did not have any significant amount of blow-by, just enough so I can't say I have 0% blow-by. The inside of my TMIC looks relatively clean, if I wipe it I get oily fingers. I've never checked or changed the PCV, I never saw a need for it.

Archived