LegacyGT.com

Best place to get the plastic body riviets

Well the snow in the mid-Atlantic has finally cost me some minor damage.

I traversed a frozen pile of snow in the road and 'removed' the left front fender liner.

It is mostly intact, with only a small spot worn through fron dragging it a short distance so I do not need to replace that.

I do however need some of the plastic body 'rivets' to reinstall it.

I know the dealer crucifies folks for these $.05 parts.

Looking for tips on a generic source or an online OEM.

Thanks.

T

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

I had the same problem with deep snow pulling off plastic under the car. I found a quick fix in a largish white drywall anchor, the kind you put in first and then put a screw into. It fit the hole perfectly and can be tightened or removed easily with a philips screw driver.

If the big ones, like those that hold the plastic splash panels under the engine, you'll need to go to the dealer. They were IIRC under $2 each.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

I just suck it up and order them from Fred Beans every time I pay for shipping anyways for another part. The OEM ones are made to fit. Never have had good luck with aftermarket pop clips. Worth it to buy OEM IMO.

The larger OEM rivets for under the fender splash shields might be the way to go, but the aftermarket pieces work fine on the engine cover, airbox intake, and the oil filter trap door.

Archived