LegacyGT.com

So, that plastic thing under the engine...

Not sure what she hit, but somehow there's a bunch of it torn and hanging down. Worried about it catching on something and getting ripped the rest of the way off and damaging who knows what else. Anyone know what exactly it's called? Some sort of engine shroud I'd imagine, but I need to try to track one down. OR just remove it entirely I suppose, but I assume Subaru had a good reason for putting it there. Anyone know?

I have one of those under my LGT right now. Well worth the investment, it's saved me a few times. Just have a friend help you install it and properly jack up your car or use ramps.

Do you really even need to have the plastic one on there or is it's only purpose to protect slightly?

Aside from protection, there are debates regarding the undertray's utility in creating a pressure gradient within the engine compartment to maximize airflow. Someone posted data at one point.

How are your roads in Milwaukee?

(Yeah, that's what I thought...)

Not bad at all where I live :p I actually live south of Milwaukee but I figured it's easier to say Milwaukee. Since winter is over it is WI other season of construction :lol: 90% of the roads I take are brand new.

I plan to get a metal one I just have been too lazy to put the plastic one back on which is the main reason why I was asking

I'd love to get a trick aluminum one, but I'm just throwing way to much money at my truck right now. I'll probably end up getting another plastic one from Fred Beans.

• 4 weeks later...

Not too terribly impressed with Fred Beans so far. In fact, I'm downright pissed. I went on their site and ordered the cover last week, and today I get a notice from Paypal that they cancelled the order and refunded my money, which will be on hold for 3-4 days. No reason given. So I logged in to my account at Fred Beans to see if there's any more info there, and there was: "This item is too large for shipping without being damaged in transit". Seriously? WTF. How the hell did they get them then? Made 'em up on location in the parts department?

:mad:

Pm underdog. He's another resource for us on the forum.

I got mine replaced by Fred beans about 2 years ago, and it got damaged in shipping. Asked about a replacement and was told the same as you were.

Not too terribly impressed with Fred Beans so far. In fact, I'm downright pissed. I went on their site and ordered the cover last week, and today I get a notice from Paypal that they cancelled the order and refunded my money, which will be on hold for 3-4 days. No reason given. So I logged in to my account at Fred Beans to see if there's any more info there, and there was: "This item is too large for shipping without being damaged in transit". Seriously? WTF. How the hell did they get them then? Made 'em up on location in the parts department?

:mad:

That's probably "code" for "wow the shipping was higher than we expected".:lol:

Archived