LegacyGT.com

Nh Snow tires??

wwaitt05gt

i live in northern new hampshire, closer to VT and this will be my first winter with my lgt. i was wondering if it would be worth it to get winter tires instead of the AS. if so what what are the best winter tires to get. We get a decent amount of snow and ice around here so im curious to know if i should upgrade.thanks

I did a lot of research this year and bought a set of continental ExtreWinterContact tires for my Legacy. They were near the low

End of price with good reviews. I'm really enjoying them.

I've wanted to run dedicated summer/winter tires instead of AS tires since I live in lake effect snow country and have to commute to work, but never did. After feeling the difference I bought a second set of snows for my wife's outback. I got Cooper weather masters for her. I figured her car will be more likely used in really deep stuff where my car will see more highway miles. I

Haven't driven her car with the coopers yet, but she told me she feels much more confident with them.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

You are better off posting in the New England forum if you want specific advice. Not sure what town you are in but some of those areas get 100-180" of snow a season, and have a lot of twisty, hilly roads that aren't plowed very well. Many if not most run studded tires.

Do you want maximum snow and ice grip, or are you interested in maintaining better dry road performance?

Do you plan to buy another set of rims, or mount to the stockers?

Would you spend more for a tire that last longer, or just want them for a season or two?

Willing to buy mail order, or going to chose from what is available locally?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I just bought a set of used Dunlop Graspic DS2 and I am amazed by the performance of this tire. It is not studded and I took it out on a day where all the roads around here were nothing but pure black ice, and powder coated ice, stuff you cant walk in with shoes...Well I played around in it for a while and I really had to floor it to get the tires to spin, amazing traction in speeding up slowing down and around corners. Don't forget that rubber on ice is rubber on ice, but to be honest it almost felt as good as driving all seasons on a dry road.

Definitely get a set of winter tires! Studded vs studless depends on you state laws and lifestyle preferences.

I got a set of Nokian Hakka R's this winter - love them!

They handle much better than the previous set (Bridgestone Blizzak WS60).

Archived