LegacyGT.com

Turbo lag?

The 2.5T has a lot of low-end torque to start with so you don't notice turbo lag if at all compared to the 2.0T in the WRX. In the WRX you have to manually count, unless you've got it revved up considerably, 1 and 2, and then the lag is gone.

With the LGT, you step on it and hang on, because it's gonna pin you back in your seat. Found the 5EAT to be just a touch slower off the line and at cruise, but that is mostly attributable, IMHO, to the 5EATs induced lag, not to the engine spool up. Both 5MT and 5EAT are quick cars though.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guys, that's not turbo lag, that is lack of power at low RPM. They are low-compression 4 cylinder engines below the boost range, hence not all that powerful, and that definitely affect the AT more because in an MT you have more control over the RPM.

Lag is when you are driving around at 3,000 RPM (in the boost range) and when you hit the gas it takes a second or so for the turbo to spool up. Turbo lag is virtually non-existent on these cars.

Guys, that's not turbo lag, that is lack of power at low RPM. They are low-compression 4 cylinder engines below the boost range, hence not all that powerful, and that definitely affect the AT more because in an MT you have more control over the RPM.

Lag is when you are driving around at 3,000 RPM (in the boost range) and when you hit the gas it takes a second or so for the turbo to spool up. Turbo lag is virtually non-existent on these cars.

I was thinking the exact same thing. :)

I've driven both manual and 5EAT Legacy GTs, and even though I've driven manuals for most of my driving life the 5EAT was the first auto I really liked. Lag is a VERY minor issue. it's a sweet transmission.

Archived