LegacyGT.com

HOLY SH*@!... $1,025 for 60K service!

As title says, I just got quoted $1,025 for the 60k service including spark plugs, $575 without plugs.:eek: If my subtraction skills are correct thats $450 just for plugs...WTF. I've read, and know that they are a pain in the a** to change but this quote seems a little rediculous. Has anyone else seen pricing close to this for 60k service???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is f'n nuts. That is damn near double the cost as our 60k.

Another Subaru dealer around us wanted $1200 for a 30k service for a Tribeca.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Luckily, I live near RAW Performance. They're just on the other side of the river from St. Louis. They'll do an OEM 60k service for $500 and a "Performance" 60k service for $630 which includes Royal Purple Tranny/Diff Fluid and ATE Super Blue brake and clutch fluid. I think I'll be going this route...

If there are any St. Louis-onians curious as to what dealership is trying to rape me. It's Webster Groves Subaru; the same dealership that couldn't fix a leaky valve cover gasket in 4 trys.

Why did they have trial 3 and 4 to try to fix the leaky valve cover gasket? Usually if they fail after two tries the old "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me..." routine applies....

Because I had already given up on the next closest dealership, and the car was still under warrantee. So I didn't want to take it to an independant shop yet.

I got charged 25 dollars for a wheel rotation, and 69 dollars for an oil change at my stealership service center. I looked on my past receipts and they had NEVER charged me for a wheel rotation (front to back, back to front) on my WRX or STI. This is the first time I saw this charge. Will definitely be the last.

On to the oil change and why I will never use this stealership service center again. Blackfang is gonna love this too. On the invoice, I saw no mention of the oil filter (or element cap or whatever they call it on the invoice) being changed. They had the oil, they had the disposal charge. They had the labor. But no oil filter. So instead of an explanation or offer to put my car up on the lift again, I was told to sign the paper and pay for the service. LOL!!! This guy almost became a magnet for my fist to his grill. All in all, I paid for the oil service and immediately went to my dad's garage, put the car on the lift and removed the bottom plastic piece. Lo and behold... my old oil filter was there. My K&N filter, number HP-108. I called the service center back and got the service rep that I spoke to when I first scheduled an oil change. He did not believe me. I asked for his cell phone number and that I was going to take a picture of what I saw and send it to his phone. He gave me his number, I took the picture, and sent it over to him. 10 minutes later he calls and was very apologetic. Offered me a free oil change. I declined.

I will not be taking my car to THAT stealership ever again. Service centers that have people like Blackfang, are very rare. I would drive the distance to see Blackfang.

What kind of oil did they use? That is kind of high even for a synthetic oil change missing half the parts.

I would definitely be inquiring why they did not change the filter and crush washer. I would be speaking to the Service Manager( the guy above the Service Writer) and finding out why they knowingly performed a halfass of an oil change?

It is nice they offered you the service, but the fact is, you questioned their service being there was a lack of parts billed. They got defensive and it was found they were in the wrong. They could have offered you a full detail as well as a free oil change or two.

Thanks for the kudo's. We are having out Annual Subaru rally here at Pence on the 17th of October http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114057

Come on out being this tends to be a decent sized event every year.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

What kind of oil did they use? That is kind of high even for a synthetic oil change missing half the parts.

I would definitely be inquiring why they did not change the filter and crush washer. I would be speaking to the Service Manager( the guy above the Service Writer) and finding out why they knowingly performed a halfass of an oil change?

It is nice they offered you the service, but the fact is, you questioned their service being there was a lack of parts billed. They got defensive and it was found they were in the wrong. They could have offered you a full detail as well as a free oil change or two.

Thanks for the kudo's. We are having out Annual Subaru rally here at Pence on the 17th of October http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114057

Come on out being this tends to be a decent sized event every year.

I'll definitely be out there man. I want to meet you in person and shake your hand.

As far as the oil change, they did not use synthetic. They used Valvoline durablend. I'll never use synthetic until after a few miles on my car. And only 5 quarts.

And the kicker, the person I scheduled my oil change with was the service manager. :lol: As far as getting a free detail, they NEVER do that. When I had my BMW, the dealership always washed and detailed my car after an oil change. This place would never do that. I just get a bunch of oil stained hand prints all over my hood and fender and then I would be off to wash my car.

I am definitely done with this place. This was the last straw.

I'll definitely be out there man. I want to meet you in person and shake your hand.

As far as the oil change, they did not use synthetic. They used Valvoline durablend. I'll never use synthetic until after a few miles on my car. And only 5 quarts.

And the kicker, the person I scheduled my oil change with was the service manager. :lol: As far as getting a free detail, they NEVER do that. When I had my BMW, the dealership always washed and detailed my car after an oil change. This place would never do that. I just get a bunch of oil stained hand prints all over my hood and fender and then I would be off to wash my car.

I am definitely done with this place. This was the last straw.

I appreciate that. I will be here.

That is a huge price for a blended oil. Even our blended oil change with all the parts and labor is less than that:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up, we at AZP Installs charge $375 for the 60k service including plugs using Amsoil Fully Synthetic Fluids for the Engine Oil, Diffys, Trans. ATE Superblue for the Brake Flush, Amsoil Extended Life Oil Filters. $20 additional for Subies with Air Pumps for the 60k due to the extra labor to remove the Air Pumps.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs

E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com

723 Fairfield Ave (Right Rear)

Kenilworth, NJ

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

After the last time I went to the dealer about two years ago, I was done. They usually did a decent job, but like most places they overfilled the oil more times than not. What got me was the four mile test drive they did after did the oil change and tire rotation. The first thing the tech said when I came in to pick up the car was "I really like the way your car handles!" I mean if you want to take my car out for a spin, you should probably ask me first. It's apparent that I care a lot about my car and have a significant investment in mods. I doubt the same guy would take kindly to me jumping in his classic mustang and doing a burn out or such...

Since I have tried a couple of independent shops. One was great. Since I moved I have not had decent luck. I just ordered the 60k stuff from FredBeans and did it myself...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Archived