LegacyGT.com

Rev limit bouncing on 5EAT?

Merging onto the highway full throttle I hit the rev limiter, both times in 2nd gear with the tranny in sports mode. No, I definitely didn't hit it into manual mode by mistake. It scared the crap out of me the first time but it had rained and the ground was a bit wet so I chucked it up to that at first. The second time though it was completely dry outside. Im running the Cobb Stage 1 map, what's wrong?

that sometimes happens with 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. the 5EAT is trying to shift at 6500RPM but the clutches are slipping so it keeps building in RPM before the gear can engage and you end up hitting the rev limiter. this seems to happen when we start to add more power to the car.

my solution is to back off on the throttle a little bit right before it gets to the shift point. seems to have been helping.

that sometimes happens with 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. the 5EAT is trying to shift at 6500RPM but the clutches are slipping so it keeps building in RPM before the gear can engage and you end up hitting the rev limiter. this seems to happen when we start to add more power to the car.

my solution is to back off on the throttle a little bit right before it gets to the shift point. seems to have been helping.

:whore: I easy slightly off of the throttle when i'm running WOT, whether in sport or manual mode, before I know it's going to shift I let off a little bit, seems to really help the transmission get to the next gear a little easier.

:whore: I easy slightly off of the throttle when i'm running WOT, whether in sport or manual mode, before I know it's going to shift I let off a little bit, seems to really help the transmission get to the next gear a little easier.

Same here.:)

How much gas did you have?

Below ~1/4 tank I get fuel starvation issues at WOT. Feels exactly like the fuel cutoff and happens around 5500-6000.

How much gas did you have?

Below ~1/4 tank I get fuel starvation issues at WOT. Feels exactly like the fuel cutoff and happens around 5500-6000.

This happened to me on the race track when I would come around the high speed bend into a long straight. I would normally hit 120 on the straight but at the end of the day when I am below 1/8 of a tank the throttle cuts out after 100 mph. At first i thought it was because the fuel was sloshing around in the tank and was not reaching the fuel line but after it happened on two separate occasions, it made me think that there is some sort of cutout to prevent you from using the rest of your gas.

Are you using the latest map from Cobb? It was addressed in the last revision.

This is exactly what I was going to ask. Cobb maps had a problem with fuel cut/rev limiter on Stage 1 maps. If I remember correctly it would happen when you'd be rolling and nailing the throttle and the car would downshift in the lower gears, it would hit the rev limiter and the vehicle would not let you accelerate until boost decreased to 9PSI from what I remember.

Make sure you are running the latest Stage 1 map.

i havent run into this problem yet and im running custom stage 2 w/ equal lengths and UP.

can you dupe the problem on the factory map? if so: id go see a dealer

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Archived