LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

DK, great job. FWIW, here's an image of an automatic Outback. The orange arrow points to the connector. While there seem to be a lot of white connectors, the others are closer to the driver and have a lot more wires coming out of them.

The plug was much farther over to the left than I expected. Note it's about in line with the dead pedal.

I had to disconnect the OBDII connector from the cover to get the cover out of the way so I could get at it.

drl_image.jpg.55b300cce8058f60abb2858864430a32.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I did it w/o removing the plastic cover. Just pushed it up and bent it a little away from the firewall to reach (carefully so as not to break it) and unplugged the thing. So easy, 8 seconds tops. Now I will never drive at night w/ no lights...

• 2 weeks later...

^ Negative.

Your tail-lights will function just as they did before the mod. No change from stock.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This website is great. 2 to 3 times I have driven around for 5-10 min before I realized that I was DRL only and not headlights/taillights. I have know disabled the drl's using the tips here. 2 min I was completed (did not have to remove dash panel) COOL!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
FWIW, the DRL module must be the same as the one on the 2000 Legacy GT as it has the same "black plug" and "white plug" combo (and the white plug is pulled to kill the DRLs). The location is slightly different, though, as the DRL module is still under the driver side dash, but is near the steering column instead of the firewall.

Folks - Is this the same procedure to disable the DRLs for a 2006 AUTOMATIC transmission Legacy SE wagon? Or does this only apply to manual GTs? Response would be much appreciated.

I wouldn't see why not, try and see if the plug is there, is so, unplug it and see. Make sure you don't have the e-brake on, or you can't tell

^ Do the "independent fog-light" mod. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

disconnected on day 3 so I haven't gotten a chance to get used to DRL yet. thanks!

I disconnected my DRL's like the instruction says. They stay off but the fog lights go with them. If I plug the white cord back in, my fog lights are working again. Could they have changed some wiring in the MY07??