LegacyGT.com

Just wrecked my 05 LGT LTD

I'll post pics soon.. I just wrecked my LGT and it's pretty bad. Damn KC snow. Got into a chain reaction and I was the last of the 4 cars. No full coverage since car was paid off. I hit 2 cars but I made sure I went with the rear end instead of front. No airbags came out. Quarter panels, left doors, right fender.. body got missed up. What would you guys do in a situation like this? I know it looks like it's totaled. Any advise? Please help!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geesh dude, even though the car is paid off you should still buy full coverage in case something like this happens. If the damage isn't too bad you can fix it up or if its really bad then part our the entire car. Sorry but there isn't much you can do without full coverage and you being at fault.

I agree. It's not yet my fault though. The accident already happened before I crashed. Will just wait for a police report and go from there. I may consider parting out...

I agree. It's not yet my fault though. The accident already happened before I crashed. Will just wait for a police report and go from there. I may consider parting out...

Well you will catch a break if your not at fault. Best of luck.

You may want to keep the phrase "act of god" in mine. Insurance may cover that.

My 05 with 170,000 still has full coverage. It was paid off years ago. This is the reason I keep full coverage.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well you will catch a break if your not at fault. Best of luck.

Unless someone else hit you first and pushed your vehicle into the others, I believe it's your fault. In this type of cluster-F crash it's probably everyone's fault.

I know. I've been there before but I was the one got hit. But in this situation, both cars involved in the accident were blocking the only 2 lanes in a bridge that connects 2 interstates. I had no were to go but into them.

You may want to keep the phrase "act of god" in mine. Insurance may cover that.

My 05 with 170,000 still has full coverage. It was paid off years ago. This is the reason I keep full coverage.

I know. listen learnt, an expensive one!

Glad you're alright. Unless you were hit by another car typically you should be in control of your vehicle enough to avoid another crash. Thus fault not being yours will be hard.

Maybe you'll catch a break.

The expense might be if welding needs to be done on the unibody. Also if the frame is really bent it will never truly drive the same.

If the car was worth <$3k and you could walk from owning it, that's the type of situation you can risk not having full coverage.

I'm still at a loss how you were able to ensure you hit the rear but not able to avoid the crash all together. Oh well its done.

Glad you're alright. Unless you were hit by another car typically you should be in control of your vehicle enough to avoid another crash. Thus fault not being yours will be hard.

Maybe you'll catch a break.

The expense might be if welding needs to be done on the unibody. Also if the frame is really bent it will never truly drive the same.

Frame is ok, car drives fine. It was a low speed crash all because of ice on bridge. I'll post some pics in a bit.

• I Donated Too
I bet a "Move Over --->" vinyl on your front windshield would've helped you avoid this entirely.

good to have you back :lol: :lol: :lol:

And to the OP, BarManBean will be PM'ing you momentarily for dibs on the part-out thread. For like everything.

I bet a "Move Over --->" vinyl on your front windshield would've helped you avoid this entirely.

Beat me to it.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

From what I can gather, you had stopped because of traffic in front of you. You were then hit and spun around (180) and hit two cars ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No, I was going up the bridge and it just snowed and below freezing. On top of the bridge, 3 cars already crashed, 2 of them blocking both lanes. So car didnt wanna stop because of too much ice.

Thats completely fixable... the cost however is another issue. As long as the frame isnt bent, you can rebuild anything to new. If you know any good body shops, they can reuse those same pieces and bang em out, which would save you a shit ton of money.

Archived