LegacyGT.com

Timing trouble

i got a question..

are are the marks suppose to line up when the tensioner is not pulled, and the lower idle is not installed but the belt is pulled as if the idler were there to take up the slack..

cuase my timing was perfect, so i bolted the last idler back on. then pulled the pin and the driver side is aligned perfect but the passenger cams marks that point to each other are .25 to .4 inch off!!

btw this is a used belt. do they strech? i had 51 teeth on the driver side. thats correct. ill go count the passenger side now.

got it! its true. the teeth only line up perfect when the tensioner is not pulled but instead apply tension to the are of the belt going from exhaust cam to exhaust cam. thay way its not messing with marks. make sense?

the way it is stock is the tension is applied between the crank and the intake.. this is why teeth count is so important.

• I Donated

You could have just tied a rope to a deer and the core support and tried to scare the deer away. it would run out of rope and pull the core support out...

Either that or you should have just reversed into a deer. lol

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

yea.

new core support 100 bucks

hood and ps 200-230(pending deal)

painting of hood(its black)

bumper needs paint too. (price?)

i may just cover my bumper in silver monstaliner and the side skirts too.

headlights 184

grill still looking

new radiator 130

coolent

atf

fans 40 buck universal ones

new door handle 20 bucks(not from deer just saw the deal in ebay and had to buy to replace one of my handles)

pulleys 100 bucks(optional they all still work but they all got hit pretty good.)

oil change. 34.95

lower raditor hose

new hose clamps on upper and lower radiator hoses and atf lines

Archived