LegacyGT.com

Audi says my Spec B is a Limited

Hi all.. strange one here. I bought a brand new 2006 Spec B a few years ago. I just brought it to an Audi dealership to have them give me the trade in value, and they said the VIN is a Limited model, not a Spec-B. I called Subaru and Im waiting for them to get back to me. Anyone ever have a similar issue of the VIN not matching the correct model of car?

I think the 06 Spec B was a 5 speed, and he has mentioned in another post that he has a 5 speed.

06 Spec B got red leather, Navi and fancy yellow struts.

Correct on the '06 Spec.B = 5MT, brick red leather, Navi. It also was a special color silver... Titanium Silver Metallic IIRC.

Suspension-wise the Spec.B also has aluminum control arms, trailing arms, and upper lateral links. The yellow struts are Bilsteins.

The '06 Spec.B also had a limited number plate (xxx/500) near the shifter, and came stock with audio controls on the steering wheel.

PM me your VIN and I'll see what my dealer catalog says.

The Spec.B was a special edition of the GT Limited, so if it is a Spec.B it is both.

My car is certainly an 06 Spec B. Number 208 on the plate by the shifter, 5-speed, red-brick interior. So Im not sure why my VIN is coming back as a Limited and not a Spec B. Apparently, there is a part of the Vin that designates Legacy vs Spec B.

Did you buy it from Bill Kolb Subaru in NY?

These guys ! :lol:

They take BASE cars, slap wheels & a Pioneer navi on it & Voila! They call it a Legacy "Elite" LMAO.

I stole a deal from them last week 'cause I proved to THEIR customer that there is NO such car in Subarus line up. :)

I am looking to a buy an A5 coupe. I feel a bit conflicted, because Subaru has been a great car and I really like the company. They treat me well, and I would recommend a Subaru to anyone that'll listen. I just want more goodies in my car this time. I almost feel like I'm cheating on my lover... but Ill come back to her eventually! :-)

So Underdog was kind enough to run my VIN and he found that Subaru didnt have a Spec B classification for the 06 tied to their VIN, which is what the confusion is all about. Plus I think Audi is trying to low ball me. Guess its time to start haggling with em...

Hi all.. strange one here. I bought a brand new 2006 Spec B a few years ago. I just brought it to an Audi dealership to have them give me the trade in value, and they said the VIN is a Limited model, not a Spec-B. I called Subaru and Im waiting for them to get back to me. Anyone ever have a similar issue of the VIN not matching the correct model of car?

Spec.B VIN numbers start with the following:

4S3BL696

The 9 represents spec.Bs

Also, if you have an 06 you should have red leather, navigation, and a number plate just behind your shifter. Those things are not simple swaps and are pretty tell-tale signs of a 2006 spec.B.

lol

^ Agreed. And you'll know it's going to a Subaru enthusiast, and not some Johnny-come-lately ricer wannabe who'll beat the living shite out of it and never understand what they have.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I would normally just sell it, but I didnt feel like going through the extra hassle. This dealership usually gives right around blue-book trade-in value for trade-ins so I figured I would just trade her in and not have to deal with selling it. But if they are going to low-ball me, I will sell it. Guess when/if I do, this forum would be a decent place to list it.

Im still conflicted and a bit sad actually. I absolutely love my car... I just want more gadgets.

Spec.B VIN numbers start with the following:

4S3BL696

The 9 represents spec.Bs

Thanks for the new info dr sharp! Learned something new.

( checked my vin and you are correct )

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Thanks for the new info dr sharp! Learned something new.

( checked my vin and you are correct )

No problem. I learned this from the get-go when I was searching for my spec.B. The quickest and easiest way to determine whether or not an online listing was a spec.B was to just look at that digit. Saved me some time.

This holds true for all spec.Bs from '06 to '09 regardless of color, transmission, etc.

lol

I would normally just sell it, but I didnt feel like going through the extra hassle. This dealership usually gives right around blue-book trade-in value for trade-ins so I figured I would just trade her in and not have to deal with selling it. But if they are going to low-ball me, I will sell it. Guess when/if I do, this forum would be a decent place to list it.

Im still conflicted and a bit sad actually. I absolutely love my car... I just want more gadgets.

Gadgets tend to break, unfortunately.

What gadgets do you want? You have a Navi system.

No problem. I learned this from the get-go when I was searching for my spec.B. The quickest and easiest way to determine whether or not an online listing was a spec.B was to just look at that digit. Saved me some time.

This holds true for all spec.Bs from '06 to '09 regardless of color, transmission, etc.

My VIN starts with 4S3BL676 there is no 9.

LOL just looked at this Bill Kolb website....elite, summit and estate......wow wish I could own one of those.

http://bkcars.com/wpress/

SUCH false advertising.

Legacies don't even HAVE a factory towing option listed in the official brochure. If someone buys one of those dealership modded cars, moves out of state & has an issue with say, the aftermarket NAV they installed......... that customer is SCREWED. A trans failure due to towing 3000 pounds with a Legacy could be an issue too. Hahaha

Archived