LegacyGT.com

GT LTD Sedan on Dealership lot!

Today I stopped by Don Jacobs Subaru dealership while visiting some friends in Waukesha. Low and behold, there was a GT Limited sedan in Regal Blue Pearl. It was an unbelievable sighting. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me so there are no pics, but the Regal Blue Pearl is back in the running on my color list. When the light hits it right it absolutely explodes with a deep blue shimmer. Of course this was my first time seeing the car in person, so I was blown away. It looked like it didn't even belong on the Subaru lot. ..also looked at a couple of new outbacks.. They all are incredible cars. I wish I would have had a camera. I was most definitely not expecting to see what I did. The car was awesome.

I was psyched for the Regal Blue, but when I saw it in person it just didn't do anything for me. You know how World Rally Blue just POPS in your eyes and dazzles? Regal Blue just looked like an average color you'd see on an average honda or toyota. It was very drab to me. But I saw it while it was raining so I definately wasn't in a good light. -Allen

I saw RB under cloudy skies in Evanston, IL yesterday, and it was pretty boring... but not as bad as BMW Orient Blue, which looks black. However, when the sun shines, OB looks amazing. I'm thinking the same will be true for RB. The "sunshine" look of RB will determine its fate for me.

[quote name='akm3']I was psyched for the Regal Blue, but when I saw it in person it just didn't do anything for me. [/quote] I saw the Regal Blue on an Impreza and thought the same thing. Then again the car was dirty and it wasn't a sunny day so who knows.

[quote name='Sub-attraction']Why would anyone want to even consider a color that they felt only looked good on a sunny day or only when it is spotlessly clean.[/quote] It wasn't that sunny out when I looked that the regal blue. I thought it was nice in any light. Sure it may be a bit boring to some, but when the light DID hit it right, it looked sporty and classy. I doubt if I will get this color simply because it seems as though it will be very hard to take care of, but I did like it very much. It would be my second choice without a doubt. hopefully racerdave can stop by and get some pics for us.. I knew I should have brought my camera.. DAMMIT!

Just a word for anyone looking at Don Jacobs... DON'T do business with them. They have screwed over a number of Subaru buyers and owners. Don't want to see anyone here fall under the same category.

I was hoping Regal Blue was more like the old 2001 RS Blue Rally Pearl (The much darker, much sexier precursor to World Rally Blue) It had a purity and "pop" that the Regal Blue just doesn't have. -Allen

[quote name='akm3']I was hoping Regal Blue was more like the old 2001 RS Blue Rally Pearl (The much darker, much sexier precursor to World Rally Blue) It had a purity and "pop" that the Regal Blue just doesn't have. -Allen[/quote] I can agree with that, the regal blue doesn't pop, but it is very very classy. I, of course, need to see the other colors in person in order to get any idea of what else I would want besides silver. Am I wrong in thinking that subaru use to have a color called Nagano Blue that came on the B4?

Ok, I saw the RB GT in person. I even had my camera. It was in direct sunlight. Looked nice, but it didn't seem to really "jump" in the light from about 20 feet away. BUT... I really only got a good look when I passed it as I was parking. I parked, went to get my little guy out of the car and he had the steamiest pantload I've smelled in a LONG time. So my focus changed quickly from the GT to the situation under my nose. I had *no* diapers (I was just picking him up from daycare, not going on some expedition). I knew a trip to the grocery store would be necessary. So I had to bail to take care of him. I wouldn't want to be sitting in a hot pile of crap, so I didn't want him to be either. So... I'll have to try again tomorrow, this time on the way in to work. Hopefully it will be out where I can see it. Close! But not close enough... I'll let you know more tomorrow evening.

Archived