LegacyGT.com

Pulsing hesitation under full throttle

Hey guys I am driving a 08 Legacy GT 5EAT. I am experiencing pulsing hesitation under full throttle, it does not happen if I ease up on the throttle.

When WOT, the acceleration is smooth until around 3k rpm where it will hesitate and recovers in less than a sec and then it hesitates again and the process repeats itself. When it hesitates it feels like something is preventing the rpm from rising

Along the process the car is still picking up speed though I assume not as fast.

What kind of possible issues I might be looking at?

Thanks!

I had a similar problem as soon as I bought my GT a couple years ago. Ended up being the fuel pressure regulator. $60 or so for the part. Already replaced the fuel pump and almost had the injectors pulled for a flow test at the recommendation of Cobb before my local mechanic figured it out. Never again.

It behaved the same way though, it would seem to lose power and hesitate before catching and continuing through the gear. It also had trouble starting up cold or warm. Not sure if that's a problem for you as well.

I had a similar problem as soon as I bought my GT a couple years ago. Ended up being the fuel pressure regulator. $60 or so for the part. Already replaced the fuel pump and almost had the injectors pulled for a flow test at the recommendation of Cobb before my local mechanic figured it out. Never again.

It behaved the same way though, it would seem to lose power and hesitate before catching and continuing through the gear. It also had trouble starting up cold or warm. Not sure if that's a problem for you as well.

Mine feels like the RPM is hitting a cap for less than a sec then the cap is removed then the cap is back again.

I have no trouble starting up though, I will definitely check on my fuel pressure regulator. Thanks!

• 5 years later...