LegacyGT.com

CT window tinting?

subaru27

Hey guys!

I just got a new to me 2004 LOB, shes sitting pretty now but I want to get some window tints done for both privacy and comfort.

Now I have two questions

1) I know the legal limit for tints in CT is 35% front, 35% back and any% for the rear. Does that include the entire cargo area or just the rear window on the gate?

2) Does anyone have any recommendations as to where I can get this done? I'm in southern CT right now so anything close to that is preferred, but again, I got a new to me subie so I dont mind taking road trips;) I'd really like darker tints all around, maybe 20-25% so does anyone know of someone who wouldn't mind putting darker tints on than is legally admissible? Is that even illegal to install or just own on a road?

Thanks guys!!

Tint my ride in VT window tints... I THINK he makes you sign a waiver that basically prevents him from getting in trouble for the install, but he'll do it i think... kind of a hike for someone in CT... cost me $150 to have my rear window and 4 back windows done (this is a sedan we're talking about with the 2 little windows in the rear)... doing the front would probably cost another 50-75? i dunno... I recommend him for ANY tint job because he does good work and he's pretty chill. I'd give him a call and ask before making the trip... just to be sure. sure he'll give you a real quote too.

do you go to the DOT inspection places to have the window tint inspected? I bought the car and it already had tint on it. The dealer (whom now i know is pretty shady) said the DMV told him as long as you could put your license up to the window and see through it your fine.

I don't think my tint is too dark I just want to make sure if I get pulled over i'm valid.

do you go to the DOT inspection places to have the window tint inspected? I bought the car and it already had tint on it. The dealer (whom now i know is pretty shady) said the DMV told him as long as you could put your license up to the window and see through it your fine.

I don't think my tint is too dark I just want to make sure if I get pulled over i'm valid.

I believe it's when you do the emissions inspection...but DON'T QUOTE ME on that...I've got MI plates...(military)...but most of my friends are local cops or CT State Troopers.

Really...it's only illegal if you get pulled over and they hassle you. When I had mine done (30%) which is 5% below the legal limit, I signed a waiver stating I know what I am doing is illegal, and I can't go after them for damages.

You also have to have this little sticker between the glass and tint (which the installer puts in there) which proves it IS legal. This is how you'd tell if you have a legal tint if you are unsure.

There aren't any inspections here in CT, so the only way you will be forced to remove it would be if The Man pulled you over and wrote you a ticket.

Use this website as a guide, pretty handy: http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CT/

It's actually illegal for a dealer to sell a car with the front windows tinted in CT, btw.

But ct law allows not the windshield but the drivers and passengers front windows to be tinted as long as more than 35% of the light can get through. The dealer I got my car through has turned out to be pretty shady anyway. The car had tinted windows when he got it so he just left it on there which is fine I like the tint. But he also put the car through emissions with a turboback catless exhaust and it passed because it has O2 sensor simulators in it. He was going to sell it to us without the cats but my husband didn't want me betting hassled by the police and called him on it so he had to put one in before we bought it.

How much did it cost you? Just curious in case I need to get mine redone. It was tinted when I bought it but it's not perfect and I think it irritates my husband.

I think I paid $150 from TintMyRide...back when they were in Uncasville.

They did my best friend's M3, and his room-mate's A4 as well.

I know someone who just got theirs done 20% at Sullivan's glass in Winsted which is probably a little far away but they will do it. The guy who does it used to own Custom glass i think it was called in torrington but something happened and now they closed and he works there.
07 SWP LGT Limited - SPT CBE, Invidia UP, Invidia DP, Grimmspeed EBCS, AVO TMIC, DW65c pump, SPT Intake, ISC Coilover

As long as you don't have limo tint you should be alright. You might get pulled over, but I don't think you would actually get at ticket. The cop would probably just writing you a written warning with "Inspection required" which means you would have to get the windows checked out and signed off on within 20 days.

As long as you don't have limo tint you should be alright. You might get pulled over, but I don't think you would actually get at ticket. The cop would probably just writing you a written warning with "Inspection required" which means you would have to get the windows checked out and signed off on within 20 days.

:whore:

I'd listen to this guy...me thinks he knows what he's talking about...

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same area and need tints done on another car. Where'd you end up going?

I want to get my fiance's car tinted can anyone reccomend anyone near Tolland/Hartford county?

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Archived