LegacyGT.com

Considering Legacy GT purchase

Morbo

Greetings everyone! I've been lurking here for a while trying to gain some insight into Legacy GT ownership. :)

Like the title says; I'm thinking of buying a Legacy GT, probably a wagon. But before lay down the $$, I'd love to hear what you all think of the car after owning it for a while. Here's you chance to praise and/or vent!

What do you really like about the car?

-and-

What do you dislike about it?

Thanks! :D

My personal opinion......For the money it's a great every day car! Considering I drive approx. 45 miles each way to work. In my financial situation this was the best car for me to buy to allow me to save money for other prorities such as buying a house. I think the engine and turbo is what makes the car fun to drive. It has amazing horsepower for a 4cyclinder. I love the new body style.

But there are a lot of things that I dont like or I miss from my previous car that makes me think if I wasnt saving for a house I would spend the extra $$$$ for a german breed. Just my opinion.

05 LGT is my third Subaru. 2000 miles so far and I'm still looking for excuses to take it for a drive. Likes: fast and fun to drive, comfortable interior, lots of admiring looks from guys in WRX's. Dislikes: a couple of rattles, a little more road noise than I expected. I would buy it again. In fact, I'd like to buy another so I could do some upgrades/mods without upsetting my wife.

I like how capable this car is in a winter climate, the awd is awesome. The power is phenomenal. I like everything about the car, but if I could buy one again, I would go with the subwoofer.

Also, if you get the sedan, don't get the spoiler! (and black is nice)

-Hatt

2005 Obsidian Black Legacy GT 5MT Un-Limited Sedan

Speed, power, AWD goodness, build quality and yes, stealth factor. I think that if I had it to do all over again, I would have gone for a black OBXT Limited, frankly. Those cars just look so cool, and outside of the track or auto-x course, are plenty good handlers for most situations.

There is nothing I don't like about the car, and I have had my silver wagon since July. Looking forward to many more years with 'er.

Kevin

Another recomendation for the Limited :D

The car is wonderful, comfortable and capeable. It fits my family, is fun to drive and is built on par with many higher end brands. I like the Limited because the Leather is very comfy and easy to clean and surprisingly is not hot in the Florida sun. Plus it's nice to open up the roof on nice days.

:D

Yea go with the limited. It's an awesome car. I went from a 94 Impala SS to a 01 Impreza Rs back to a 96 modded Impala SS and I just bought this car. I work at a subaru dealership and the torrmenting of looking at the car in the showroom paid off. It's sleek fun fast and sexy. Not to mention practical as well. I went for Black wingless, with the taupe interior. Can't wait till break-in is over, and the modding begins.

Thanks for the replies. Three recommendations for the Limited from 2Simpletons, Beanboy and gtguy.... Why?

Well, I wouldn't (and didn't) go for the GT in Limited trim. The leather is too slippery when you're having a bit of fun. But with the OBXT's different suspension, you can have fun, but a different, less high-g kind of fun. Hence the Limited trim line for the OBXT.

Kevin

im planning on buying a car sometime soon and the legacy gt is on my list. i'm almost 20 years old and the LGT sounds like a good car for me (sedan, awd, efficiently powered). I have been driving my parents cars, an '02 bimmer 530 and a vw touareg, so i've only really driven german cars. I have go test drive one, but i hope that these little problems don't turn me off. This board has helped me learn about the car a lot and your opinions are going to wiegh heavy on my decisions so i'd love to hear more.

-Precise

I like how capable this car is in a winter climate, the awd is awesome. The power is phenomenal. I like everything about the car, but if I could buy one again, I would go with the subwoofer.

Also, if you get the sedan, don't get the spoiler! (and black is nice)

Uhhh... Just get the Subwoofer from your dealer???? Honestly, it is a dealer installed accessory. you wouldn't have to buy another car to get it, and it can be installed at any time, not just at time of sale. It is almost definitely less than a car payment. it isn't nearly as a big deal as the limited vs. non-limited trim.

Have to agree about the USDM wing spoiler, nah. If any, the STi Lip spoiler is much cooler, but expensive and would have to be installed after the sale.

And in addition, I prefer the look of the interior leather...but that is a personal preference. Thats one of the reasons I went with the Ltd.

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

Go for limited. Wagon's sunroof is one of the largest out there. In addition, the fabric non powered seat was not as comfortable as the power leather seat to me. Although I probably would prefer the manual climate control due to the well documented shortcomings with the auto cc.

This car is awesome, its my first new car, and I totally love it. I would prolly never buy anything besides a subaru after this car, the AWD is the best. I mean yeah it does lack stupid things like HIDs and volume controls on the steering wheel, but I mean I think this kind of stuff leaves room for some personalization. If your looking for a fast, good handling car that still has class get it.

-N Saglibene

Archived