LegacyGT.com

Parts hookup / glass work?

almondcookie

Hey all.

You know how there's never such a thing as the impossible? Well. With a little more inspection to my problem, I find out that something, most likely a pebble, hit the edge of the passenger side rear quarter panel window. If you were looking at a side profile:

Trunk hatch - rear window (rock hit here) - door molding - rear pass side door window

Stupid rock. It broke a chunk of glass vertically and not horizontally so on the outside, the glass is there but on the inside a chunk is gone. If you looked from the side, the glass is 1/2 as thick. I don't know if that will hold up or start to spider. It's starting to pull the factory black edge tint.

Calling the wonderful Huntvalley Subaru up here in towson. apparently they don't do windows but their parts department can order me one. They want 200$ for the rear quarter window and then they'll call some mobile guys to come out and replace the window.

Anyone know if that's a decent price and/or knows anyone that does autoglass work?

Thanks

The pictures are actually of the molding that sits inbetween the right rear quarter panel window and the right rear passenger door window. The forum checks for LxW on the pictures so I didn't get a chance to flip the them upright. sorry about the confusion.

Archived