January sales http://media.subaru.com/index.php?s=43&item=144

Jan-10 Jan-09 % chg

Legacy 2,448 1,165 110%

Outback 5,467 2,515 117%

Impreza 2,497 2,937 -15%

Forester 4,943 5,162 -4%

Tribeca 256 415 -38%

Total 15,611 12,194 28%

The new Legacy/Outback continue to do quite well, but the magic is gone for the Impreza and the Forester.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Legacy wagon had better sales when SOA killed it.

Krzys

PS I am wondering if Legacy is benefiting from Toyota debacle.

All of the makers will benefit from that.......

I agree that Subaru is poised to get more out of it than most with a hot new model.

I am surprised they sell any Tribecas with the lack of advertisement and inventory. Our local dealer which is #1 in volume for the state of WI has one in inventory. Ours is almost 4 years old and we still love it...and the fact it has been rock solid helps.

I am surprised they sell any Tribecas with the lack of advertisement and inventory. Our local dealer which is #1 in volume for the state of WI has one in inventory. Ours is almost 4 years old and we still love it...and the fact it has been rock solid helps.

Same here - still loving our 2007 B9.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Here goes the fart in church. :lol:

I had to get my wife out of her Saab 9/3 CV. She wanted an SUV.:rolleyes:

My mother-in-law has a B9. I am so disappointed at the lack of interior space, uncomfortable and noisy back seat, the busy, always shifting EAT an general lack of torque all the time. The brakes suck so bad its not even funny. Extremely sucky gas mileage.

So I bought an 08 Grand Cherokee Laredo. 4.7L V8, full time AWD with low range, all the bells and whistles, trail rated with rear LSD, HUGE, QUIET interior, amazing brakes, amazing ride and handling. She is averaging 18.9 mpg, which I can live with because it has TORQUE out the kazoo. She drives her Moms Becca all the time and she said it doesn't even come close to the Jeep. PLUS, I scored. It was bought at my dealer new, serviced perfectly, traded for a 2010 model. It has NEVER had one warranty claim or issue in 40,000 miles. I paid $15,500 for it. I love it. Flame all you want, the Jeep is rockin!

Here goes the fart in church. :lol:

I had to get my wife out of her Saab 9/3 CV. She wanted an SUV.:rolleyes:

My mother-in-law has a B9. I am so disappointed at the lack of interior space, uncomfortable and noisy back seat, the busy, always shifting EAT an general lack of torque all the time. The brakes suck so bad its not even funny. Extremely sucky gas mileage.

So I bought an 08 Grand Cherokee Laredo. 4.7L V8, full time AWD with low range, all the bells and whistles, trail rated with rear LSD, HUGE, QUIET interior, amazing brakes, amazing ride and handling. She is averaging 18.9 mpg, which I can live with because it has TORQUE out the kazoo. She drives her Moms Becca all the time and she said it doesn't even come close to the Jeep. PLUS, I scored. It was bought at my dealer new, serviced perfectly, traded for a 2010 model. It has NEVER had one warranty claim or issue in 40,000 miles. I paid $15,500 for it. I love it. Flame all you want, the Jeep is rockin!

You're aware that the 2008 Tribeca picked up a new engine that makes it one of the quickest in the segment, delivers better real world economy than the B9, and doesn't hunt through the gears like the underpowered B9? The Tribeca also has one of the shortest braking distances in the segment and is one of the best handlers. The backseat and rear suspension squeak were addressed as well. The rear seat also has more room if you use the hidden lever to fully extend the rear seat back.

I rented a current gen Grand Cherokee and was soooooooo disappointed. I used to own a first generation Grand Cherokee. It wasn't very reliable (fuel pump, all speakers went out, electrical problems, etc.) but I LOVED that car. The new Grand Cherokee was awful. No rear legroom, the doors would shut fall back on you when you opened them, and all the magic was gone. A V8 Cherokee may be quick, but it's thirsty and has nowhere near the handling and braking prowess of a Tribeca. To each his own I guess... but I was pissed that the Grand Cherokee is so dull now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We've had our 09 Tribeca for almost a year now and have no complaints. Engine has more than enough power and the ride is good. My buddy had a jeep grand cherokee hemi, it was nice looking, but I felt it was rather small inside, although the hemi was nice. The tribeca is the wifes vehichle, and she drives all highway to work, gets about 20mpg, but in the city it drops way down to about 15mpg. Good vehicle as far as I am concerned, especially for the price we got it for.

You're aware that the 2008 Tribeca picked up a new engine that makes it one of the quickest in the segment, delivers better real world economy than the B9, and doesn't hunt through the gears like the underpowered B9? The Tribeca also has one of the shortest braking distances in the segment and is one of the best handlers. The backseat and rear suspension squeak were addressed as well. The rear seat also has more room if you use the hidden lever to fully extend the rear seat back.

I can't confirm this.

Yes I am aware of of the "improvements" but the sales numbers kind of speak for themselves? IDK about no rear leg room, it has alot of room. If you had a rental vehicle you do know they order "stripo" models. I bet it had a 3.7 V6. That would be a terd for sure!

In a nutshell, I'm comparing apple to apples in terms of equipment and options. The GC has such nice touches despite the somewhat "dull" interior. I will attest to the simplicity and ease of controls on the GC compared to the B9. My mother-inlaws car only averages 16 mpg. That suks. The radio and climate system is clutterd and hard to get used to, but looks pretty inside too. Six of one or a half dozen? It rides terrible and has too much road noise compared to the Jeep. (My LGT has the road noise too).

Not bashing the Tribecca here, it is a nice vehicle. But for towing and a well rounded SUV, I like our GC alot.

Remember, I bought this as my wifes car, she's happy, I'm happy. I wanted to look at a new Forester XT but she said no way. I said "How about an Outback?" She said "no way"

As you said, to each his own. I still love my Subaru too.

We've had our 09 Tribeca for almost a year now and have no complaints. Engine has more than enough power and the ride is good. My buddy had a jeep grand cherokee hemi, it was nice looking, but I felt it was rather small inside, although the hemi was nice. The tribeca is the wifes vehichle, and she drives all highway to work, gets about 20mpg, but in the city it drops way down to about 15mpg. Good vehicle as far as I am concerned, especially for the price we got it for.

I'm not crazy about the Hemi in the Jeep. It is a quieter vehicle with the 4.7L V8. The Hemi is loud and pretty thirsty.

See, now I wish I could get a 3.6 engine, a competent, but smooth ride, and a gearbox that allows the H6 to get better mileage, in a car smaller than a 5-7 passenger CUV, for commuting. I never commute or travel with more than two people. A coupe would be a fine commuter for me.

The closest is my SVX, with it's 3.3. But the mileage is similar, and most of it is the gearbox. The automatic is set to shift smoothly, like a "luxury" car, which means lots of slip in and out of each gear, which wastes power in town. It also causes transmission heat, which was a reliability issue on some of the early SVXs.

A manual gearbox, or at least a dual-clutch automated gearbox would be much better, especially with properly spaced ratios. However, even an automatic that shifts with more authority, and doesn't slip and slide between gears would be better.

Subaru needs to upgrade their transaxle offerings.

Yes I am aware of of the "improvements" but the sales numbers kind of speak for themselves? IDK about no rear leg room, it has alot of room. If you had a rental vehicle you do know they order "stripo" models. I bet it had a 3.7 V6. That would be a terd for sure!

In a nutshell, I'm comparing apple to apples in terms of equipment and options. The GC has such nice touches despite the somewhat "dull" interior. I will attest to the simplicity and ease of controls on the GC compared to the B9. My mother-inlaws car only averages 16 mpg. That suks. The radio and climate system is clutterd and hard to get used to, but looks pretty inside too. Six of one or a half dozen? It rides terrible and has too much road noise compared to the Jeep. (My LGT has the road noise too).

Not bashing the Tribecca here, it is a nice vehicle. But for towing and a well rounded SUV, I like our GC alot.

Remember, I bought this as my wifes car, she's happy, I'm happy. I wanted to look at a new Forester XT but she said no way. I said "How about an Outback?" She said "no way"

As you said, to each his own. I still love my Subaru too.

it was not a stripper. Had leather and heated seats. I didn't comment on power or engine. The overall packaging was a huge let down. The ride on the Tribeca was upgraded twice in it's life. The GC with double solid live axles does not ride better than a tribeca in any of the model years.

Ofcourse it isn't great for towing or offroading versus a grand cherokee, but as a road going vehicles it's wayyyyyy better. I was seriously pissed at what the Grand Cherokee had become. I have always been a Jeep lover.

Subaru has been quietly reducing Tribecas because of sluggish sales. There's been no support for that car for a long long time. That segment took a dump hardcore. cars.com shows 300 Tribecas out there. It's not like they're a ton just sitting around waiting to be sold. They just don't exist.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:lol:

...the magic is gone for the Impreza and the Forester.

I think the Forester is taking a hard hit due to the '09 FXT's reliability "blip" - the "Stop Sale" issue and, sadly and unfortunately, the continuing engine failures in spite of (my wife and I became intimately acquainted with this one :() - as well as how it has fared in various popular-media "comparos" of the mini/"Cute"-Utes in this segment.

A year out from its '09 introduction, the SH, which garnered mostly very positive reviews between '09 and just the past few months, seems to have been usurped by the competition which it, over the past year, walked over.

As may here know, we have a '09 FXT in our garage - my wife's car - so I'm somewhat active in that community (SubaruForester.org).

A few die-hard SH-owners there are somewhat up-in-arms about the latest comparos and how the '09 Forester, both in turbo trim and N/A, are either no longer coming out in the top-three spots and/or have been bottom-ranked.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^Hm I thought everybody loved the new forester when it came out.....

Sucks about the engine problems. What the heck is going on with Subaru.

Same as most others with problems cropping up.....getting too aggressive and trying to pump out as many cars as possible.

I think the Forester is taking a hard hit due to the '09 FXT's reliability "blip" - the "Stop Sale" issue and, sadly and unfortunately, the continuing engine failures in spite of (my wife and I became intimately acquainted with this one :() - as well as how it has fared in various popular-media "comparos" of the mini/"Cute"-Utes in this segment.

A year out from its '09 introduction, the SH, which garnered mostly very positive reviews between '09 and just the past few months, seems to have been usurped by the competition which it, over the past year, walked over.

As may here know, we have a '09 FXT in our garage - my wife's car - so I'm somewhat active in that community (SubaruForester.org).

A few die-hard SH-owners there are somewhat up-in-arms about the latest comparos and how the '09 Forester, both in turbo trim and N/A, are either no longer coming out in the top-three spots and/or have been bottom-ranked.

Subaru hardly sells any FXT's... Forester is being hit by the Outback... plain and simple.

Also... Forester had it's best month ever in December... so one month doesn't make a trend.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^Hm I thought everybody loved the new forester when it came out.....

^ Yep, that's the problem - when it came out. ;) That was back in late-'08 and through even third-quarter '09.

But in that year, we've seen the Toyota Rav4 as well as the Honda Civic continue to make improvements, and also the Tiguan come on-line.

The Rav4's new V6 stole the crown in terms of engine grunt (the margin is a small one, though).

And all three are more refined.

Sucks about the engine problems. What the heck is going on with Subaru.

Seriously.

Check out the running '08+ WRX engine failure thread on NASIOC. When I cross-posted there to ask whether or not that's related to the '08 "Stop-Sale" (as a part of my research on what went wrong with our FXT), one of the long-time participants on that thread said no, that it's a different issue altogether. :eek:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived