LegacyGT.com

South Carolina Roll Call - add your screen name

SBT

House inspection yesterday... Rain, rain and more rain. But it went well, so things are moving down-range on the relo plans. I was actually looking forward to getting upstate when there was snow falling and on the ground. Likely not this year.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone in Greenville (preferably near e. north main/wade hampton area) have garage space available that I can rent? I am moving in May and will need a place to put and occasionally work on my Miata :)

How long would you need said garage space? I hardly ever park in my garage unless I'm doing maintenance on the Suby wagon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Our upstate house should close on Friday *fingers crossed*. But all available "space" is already allocated until the 24'x40' 2-stall outbuilding is built.

Well, it's been extended for 10 days in order for the seller to make minor repairs required by the lender. Hoping it's all done by this Friday.

• 4 weeks later...
Just nailed 2 in-person interviews with Bosch. 1 job in Charleston, 1 in Greenville. Wife and I have been looking to move to SCar for a while now. Anyone have any good tips on different areas to live/rent (for now). Need very pet friendly housing. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Cats are optional and can probably stay with in-laws until we get our own place. Any suggestions or help can be PM'ed. Much appreciated from a hopeful soon-to-be South Carolinian. Edited by schnacko23
grammar

Just nailed 2 in-person interviews with Bosch. 1 job in Charleston, 1 in Greenville. Wife and I have been looking to move to SCar for a while now. Anyone have any good tips on different areas to live/rent (for now). Need very pet friendly housing. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Cats are optional and can probably stay with in-laws until we get our own place. Any suggestions or help can be PM'ed. Much appreciated from a hopeful soon-to-be South Carolinian.

Congrats! For Greenville living, I would look into Taylors, Greer, Simpsonville and certain parts of Mauldin. Pm me if you wanna know whether a specific area is good or bad. If you wanna buy a house with that big Bosch money (lol) I just so happen to have my house up for sale. We've considered renting it out but feel that our Rent charge would be more than most people want to spend. Good luck!

Nice, a fellow New Yorker. Charleston is great, but is a bit more expensive than Greenville. Worth it IMO. If you are into hiking, mountains, etc then Greenville is your place. If you like the beach and great food, then Charleston.

Regardless, both cities have a lot to offer, good luck!

:yeahthat:

Congrats! What position(s?) where you applying for at Bosch?

Having spent 5.5 years here in Charleston, I can say that CrowNaza86 has it nailed. Mt Pleasant will be the most expensive, but the area is really nice, but Bosch is in North Charleston adjacent to the AF Base, so looking into West Ashley, and or Southern Summerville would likely be your best locales. Housing costs are cheaper this side of the river(s) too. Our 4BR 2.5BA w/2 stall garage home, in a nice neighborhood, rents for $1450.00 a month. We know the owners, so LMK if that sounds like something that would interest you, because they are looking for solid renters.

That said, we've just bought a house in the Upstate near Greenville, and are going to be moving at the end of the month. Looking forward to hiking, mountains, camping, etc.

Keep in touch so we know how we can better help.

Sorry for posting and dissapearing. I am interviewing for a resident quality engineer position in Greenville at the BMW plant, and for a manufacturing engineer position in Charleston. Traveling Friday and Monday for the interviews so thanks for the well wishes. I think we will be looking in the $1200 range, top end, for rent depending on salary. Here is hoping, I will be in more touch when I find out if we are definitely moving. Thank you everyone.

Best of luck.

I chose Greenville after living in south Florida for 25 years. It was a great change to experience. Good job market and low cost of living. Our mortgage is almost half of our south Florida apartment rent. 1200 should get a decent house.

Coming from Florida, Charleston felt overrated. I had two weeks of training for work a few years ago. I have been purposeful in not returning. Ymmv.

We tried to find a home in Greenville county, but the door kept shutting. And Greenville county is only county in all of SC with the highest (red) radon levels, so there's that.

Charleston is a lovely area to visit with a lot to see and do, but the humidity is obnoxious and persistent.

• 1 month later...
If this is directed to me, yeah, we're about 20 mins south of Roebuck in Spartanburg County, about 10 minutes North of Woodruff.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If my leg returns to normal, I'll swing by. Right now it's hyper-extended and is in absolute rebellion. What do you need?