LegacyGT.com

100K Services Recommendation??

My 2005 LGT is approaching the 100k KM(60K Miles) mark. I was recommended by the dealership to do a full "C" Service. My questions is has anyone done this service to their car? Is it necessary to perform this maintenance.

Any input is appreciated, I'm thinking about getting this done anyways due the fact that warranty is coming up. A second opinion would be nice.

Here is a list of items included in the service

Every 6,000 km

• Replace engine oil and filter
  • Inspect and adjust all fluid levels including both differentials
  • Inspect and adjust all tire pressures
  • Inspect operation of all lights, wipers and washers
  • Inspect and adjust drive belt tension
  • Inspect axle boot condition
  • Lubricate all latches, hinges & locks (hood, doors, fuel door & trunk lid)
  • Road test vehicle

At 24,000 km All items listed at "Every 6,000 km service" plus:

• Replace air filter
  • Inspect and replace if necessary, cabin air filter
  • Rotate tires and inspect for wear. Perform wheel alignment if necessary. (Additional charge)
  • Lubricate all weather strips including sun roof
  • Service and lubricate front and rear calipers
  • Inspect brake pads and linings
  • Inspect, service and adjust parking brake system
  • Inspect all steering and suspension components
  • Inspect and service battery cables and terminals
  • Test engine coolant for strength (-45°C) and inspect hoses and clamps
  • Reset Engine Control Management System

At 48,000 km All items listed at 6,000 km and 24,000 km services plus:

• Replace engine coolant and add SUBARU COOLANT CONDITIONER
  • Replace spark plugs (except Turbo and H-6)
  • Inspect accessory drive belt(s)
  • Inspect PCV valve and replace if necessary
  • Inspect all hydraulic brake and clutch lines
  • Replace brake fluid
  • Inspect all emissions related hoses and connections

At 72,000 km All items listed at 6,000 km and 24,000 km services plus:

• Replace transmission fluid, automatic and standard
  • Replace front (AT only) and rear differential oil
  • Under severe conditions replace fluids at 48,000 km

At 96,000 km All items listed at 6,000 km, 24,000 km and 48,000 km services plus:

• Replace spark plugs (all models) (H-6 and Turbo add 0.4hr)

i honestly don't remember what was done at 96k. think everything. except if I remember correctly it's not required to change the plugs.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

With summer time coming I wouldn't both with the plugs, wait till Fall.

Man some of the stuff sounds real expensive. What do they charge if you just wanted the tire pressure inspected god forbid they had to adjust it.

Sorry, I do all this myself, any local shop can do the same as the "stealer" for half the cost.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The dealership is charging me 1300BUCKS to get all this service. Now is that worth it or should i just do it myself just to save some money. Stealership says they going to change all fluid, brake, tranny, etc... Also they mention it's a 7hr job.

save some money and go to a subie shop in your area. that's WAAYY toooo much for that job. I paid $900 and I still paid too much. but, it was done at a good shop and I didn't have the time nor all the resources to do it myself.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

All I have ever done is, change my own fluids at recommended times. Keep a small pocket size note book with the dates, mileage and what was done.

I rotate the tires when I feel like it. Check the car over for leaking fluids every time I walk up to it. Look it the cv boots when I rotate the tires.

With a few simple tools and a suction gun you can do all the high price stuff yourself.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Coolant, plugs , diff oil , oil/ filter , brake fluid.... no big deal... DIY parts ... maybe $100 .... dont feed the monster, do it youself and know for sure what you did.

Not hard and i've found that the so called experts dont always do things the way I would like.

Coolant, plugs , diff oil , oil/ filter , brake fluid.... no big deal... DIY parts ... maybe $100 .... dont feed the monster, do it youself and know for sure what you did.

Not hard and i've found that the so called experts dont always do things the way I would like.

Or at all... years ago had a neighbor take his car in to the dealer for service. When he got it back, we went to see if they did replace the $4.00 spark plugs, I was not amazed when the plugs looked like they had 60,000 miles on them. He took the car back to make them replace them.

That was on a Honda where the plugs are very easy to get to. Makes you wonder if they really replaced the tranny fluid, which normally stays pretty clean.

I've replaced my 75-90 fluids a number of times over the years. Each time the stuff comes out pretty clear. How can you be sure they replaced it if your not there watching them? Trust...?

I should really do this. I've kept all my receipts from all work done, when oil/filter was purchased, but never kept a log.

Keep a small pocket size note book with the dates, mileage and what was done.

dont feed the monster, do it youself and know for sure what you did.

:whore: It makes it much easier to identify problems since you now know where everything is and can quickly check to see if your repairs failed. I've had noises happen to me and I can quickly identify them because I didn't tighten a clamp perfectly or something. Hop out, tighten a quarter of a turn more, and you're good and experienced. I can change CV boots in a snap now.

Plus, when I got my headgaskets replaced, the stealership I went to charged $14/spark plug.:eek: And that's after the discount I got for working there:rolleyes:

I should really do this. I've kept all my receipts from all work done, when oil/filter was purchased, but never kept a log.

I dont always keep my receipts but keep a detailed log. Hand written with dates / miles and what was done. Ive done this for all my cars...a nice thing to pass along when you sell or have a disagreement over warrenty coverage.

Plus I dont have to wonder / guess when something was done.

Mine is a common notebook handwritten in pen.

Archived