LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

Anyone have issues with the iphone 5s adapter on the ipod aux cable not working?

depends what cord is coming out of the jazzy unit. We had an older jazzy, we needed the 5v adapter, and then we needed the lightning adapter. IIRC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I JUST SIGNED UP TO ASK YOU THIS!

I want a 4th Gen Legacy LGT Limited. Everything is perfect in that car for me EXCEPT that it doesn't have an aux port/subwoofer inputs

These are 2 requirements for me in a car, and I am almost going to through out the GT to the curb if I can't get it done...

But alas it seems my woes might have a solution! Is this a good solution that is presented here? I want to hook up a subwoofer in the trunk and be able to use my S4 to listen to music!!

I JUST SIGNED UP TO ASK YOU THIS!

I want a 4th Gen Legacy LGT Limited. Everything is perfect in that car for me EXCEPT that it doesn't have an aux port/subwoofer inputs

These are 2 requirements for me in a car, and I am almost going to through out the GT to the curb if I can't get it done...

But alas it seems my woes might have a solution! Is this a good solution that is presented here? I want to hook up a subwoofer in the trunk and be able to use my S4 to listen to music!!

I can also offer another option if you don't want to have to wait and shell out for an '07-'09 OEM unit - I've got Redfloyd's aux-in kit hooked up with my stock headunit, and I'll be selling it soon. Let me know if you're interested.

Another happy customer:)

I bought the board with the GLI and ran a female plug into the center console. Everything fits great :)

Initially I had a problem with the faceplate not working, but after disassembling and reassembling at least 5 times I was able to get the faceplate working. I ended up taking the entire radio frame apart, realigning the circuit boards and the frames. When I put the faceplate back on, instead of being gentle, I pushed real hard on the face where the connections plug into the boards.

Thanks for a great product.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find a female 1/8" jack that I can flush mount into the center console?

Ideally I would like to have it be female on both ends so I can just plug the other end of the RCA>1/8" male into it, but hide under the console.

In the process of installing the pro kit and I've been having major issues. The audio sounds very "faint"- there is really no better way to describe it, but the quality is definitely not CD audio quality. I do think it is mostly because the ribbon cables are not straight- I have not found a way to install the board without twisting it in some way to connect both the ribbon cables as well as the RCA input from the provided GLI. any advice in terms of how you went about installing this? Details from the manual are vague and it appears the board i have is different than the one mentioned in the manual. thanks!

just finished putting new head unit in and I'm having some issues. Initially when I hooked the new head unit up with the jazzy mod the cd changer worked fine and the aux Input was working but only coming out of the passenger side speakers. I took the head unit back out to verify that the jazzy board was correct and it was. After reinstalling the cd changer no longer works at all, I just get a few dashes across the screen when I press the cd button then it just switches back to FM. I took it back out and back apart twice to try to figure out the issue to no avail.

Any ideas?

Take it out a third time, something's not right!

It's out now. Looked at it side by side with my other one and I can't figure out what's wrong. Thinking maybe I used a long screw where I should have used a short one and it's grounding out.

Edit:

Well I guess the old saying is true, third times a charm. Took it apart and put it back together the exact same way except this time it works.

Edited by Sublimejoe

• 3 weeks later...

Just placed an order for the pro kit. Thanks Jazzy.

I'm going to pair the kit with this input mounted in the glove box.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31pu9NE1suL._SX425_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014TSRGK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: ASA Electronics JPORT Auxiliary Input Cable: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

• I Donated
Just placed an order for the pro kit. Thanks Jazzy.

I'm going to pair the kit with this input mounted in the glove box.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31pu9NE1suL._SX425_.jpg

Amazon.com: ASA Electronics JPORT Auxiliary Input Cable: Sports & Outdoors

Why not buy this instead? less wires and works perfectly, I have it in my car sitting in the center console. pro kit with ground loop isolator reaches in there no problem.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-jack-RX-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B0038MA11U/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1393952454&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=miccus+aux+in]Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories[/ame]

• 3 weeks later...
Why not buy this instead? less wires and works perfectly, I have it in my car sitting in the center console. pro kit with ground loop isolator reaches in there no problem.

Amazon.com: Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories

That device looks cool. But is it really less wires? It seems like you'd have to leave it hooked up to a dc usb charger all the time...

• I Donated
That device looks cool. But is it really less wires? It seems like you'd have to leave it hooked up to a dc usb charger all the time...

I have it hidden inside my center console. I never see it, the jazzy cord runs down underneath my shifter and whatnot straight to there.