LegacyGT.com

Official North East Spotted Thread

SuperhawkLGT

I'm getting ready to leave for VT myself. Going up to stay with friend who goes to Lydon State in the NEK. We're going to Jay Peak tomorrow and Monday!!! 2' of fresh... w00t!!!
Shot you a pm. Its awesome up here right now

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Spotted a nice SWP LGT in Rutland, VT tonight. Looked pretty.

Weather report...powder and ready for the leggies to rip it up. you guys should try Magic for the powder. I live right at the bottom of the mountain and the conditions look absolutely freaking amazing. and the parking lot is my play ground after everyone goes home with my sweet drifting skills.

I didn't think the conditions at Okemo were that great on Saturday. It was snowing but I didn't think any of it was actually sticking, it was just blowing around. By the afternoon there was a lot of ice. Everyone pushed all the snow to the edges of the trail, so I just made my way down that way. It's Northeast skiing, so I'm not disappointed but there were no real good opportunities to get any solid carving in.

Anyways... On my way back I saw a black leggy 2.5i pulling out of the Irving Station on RT-131 near I-91, New Hampshire vanity plates, I think it said "bar crawl"

I didn't think the conditions at Okemo were that great on Saturday. It was snowing but I didn't think any of it was actually sticking, it was just blowing around. By the afternoon there was a lot of ice. Everyone pushed all the snow to the edges of the trail, so I just made my way down that way. It's Northeast skiing, so I'm not disappointed but there were no real good opportunities to get any solid carving in.

Anyways... On my way back I saw a black leggy 2.5i pulling out of the Irving Station on RT-131 near I-91, New Hampshire vanity plates, I think it said "bar crawl"

It hit up north in ME. Saturday was Good. Sunday AM was the jackpot. Black OBXT ME plates - could barely tell in the AM in the lot. Here's a shot down a tree chute in King Pine. Open it and you'll get a feel. Best I could do with the phone camera.

1058439234_LoafTreeChuteKingPine10.jpg.b591ef8f290f9e80fe6b3f3f60a1ac17.jpg

Guest LGT-NY
Just got back from three powder days in a row. :D Epic!!! Jay Peak was goddamn cold and windy... The tram and Flyer quad were closed due to high winds but we found some amazing snow off the Jet lift and in the trees.... So fun....

Just got back from three powder days in a row. :D Epic!!! Jay Peak was goddamn cold and windy... The tram and Flyer quad were closed due to high winds but we found some amazing snow off the Jet lift and in the trees.... So fun....

Jay cold & windy? Never! :lol:

Still my favorite :wub: was up there a few days early Dec.

only been to Jay once and loved it. got dumped on the day we showed up, had so much powder in the woods for the next couple days...i've only found similar woods skiing out in Colorado so far.

Best place for pow & trees, plus the drive keeps a lot of the fake skiiers/boarders away :lol:

Guest LGT-NY

True. My Friend lives in Lydonville, VT. There's a local mtn there that is awesome!! Never crowded and very cheap. It's called Burke Mountain. I'm telling you, it's worth it, esp. to avoid the crowds on the weekends.

http://www.skiburke.com

Ski rack on the car = the fail?

I had a talk with a guy at work, he said he hates the look. What do you guys think? It's a pain in the ass to run the ski's in the car from the passenger seat to back behind the driver seat.

Ski rack on the car = the fail?

I had a talk with a guy at work, he said he hates the look. What do you guys think? It's a pain in the ass to run the ski's in the car from the passenger seat to back behind the driver seat.

Well a ski-rack is for function over looks. Confused by your description of skis in car though, my 05 has the fold down armrest for ski passthrough, your 06 does not?

Honestly, I prefer not having to put my gear on the roof if there is room in the vehicle. That being said I'm still trying to see if my old rack will work on my legacy or if I can find a good deal on one for the LGT.

Ski Racks =/= Fail

Ski Racks = Function

I love my Yakima rack set up. Almost every time I go skiing its with at least 3 people in the car, and all that equipment has no chance of fitting inside the car. I think I can fit 5 or 6 pairs of skis on my racks (Yakima Fat Cats)

I'm planning on picking up the bike racks come spring time.

Guest LGT-NY

I have a Thule, I wouldn't get anything else... My gf has a Yakima on her car and they're just not as well built or functional IMO...

And as for the look, I love it!! It gives my car that really sporty Subaru, Vermont/Outdoorsy look, which I love. I guess It's just a matter of opinion.

But like others have said: Function over form. :)

I have a Thule, I wouldn't get anything else... My gf has a Yakima on her car and they're just not as well built or functional IMO...

I think the Yakima ski racks are a ton sleeker looking, plus if you have big snowboard bindings you can tilt the racks to get some extra clearance. It is a little bit of a hassle to take them on and off, but what rack system isn't. You only have to do that once a season anyways. Just my .02

And as for the look, I love it!! It gives my car that really sporty Subaru, Vermont/Outdoorsy look, which I love. I guess It's just a matter of opinion.

Sounds poser to me, whats next an electric BOV speaker? :rolleyes: Just kidding :cool:

BTW, what flaps are you running on yours, need to pickup a set so my RBP doesn't get as white from the trips to Jay & back.