LegacyGT.com

Touch-up paint for interior

D_J

When I get home from work tonight I can tell you what I used on my silver interior for touch-up. When I bought my LGT used, my shifter console had lots of fine scratch marks all over it. I removed it the console, scuffed it with some scotch-brite, and sprayed it with some silver I bought at Pep Boys. It is nearly a dead on match. The texture of the finish isn't as smooth as the original but pretty damn close.

Do you recall where the retainer clips are to remove that shifter console piece?

That's what happened to me. I removed the shifter plastic bezel to install a boot and ended up scratching it up.

I was thinking that would be a better option , to just take out that whole piece and re-paint it...rather than touch up paint.

After a poor attempt at carbon panelling, I have done a colour match from an auto paint store. I took the gear selector surround into the store and said "match this". It's being applied now and I plan to eliminate the issue of matching by just doing everything. It's all scratched up anyway. It's so easy to scratch!

• 1 year later...
Anybody get a code for the interior paint? They only sell the shift selector face plate as an entire shifter unit. Too much $ (~300). This is my first post/response, just got the car, 2006 legacy limited sedan.

Archived