LegacyGT.com

HK Radio for 07/08 Owners

Long Island Legacy

So would that mean that the new HK radio head unit outputs line level outputs rather than speaker level outputs?? This means that if one were to install the HK head unit you could take the outputs and feed them to an amp and avoid any LOCs, correct??

It's exclusively the amp - the deck in 2009s powers no speakers. The amp also powers the rear deck sub, another ~140-160 watts.

Keep in mind the Headunit is still manufactured by panasonic, and the amp is by HK (navigation by Kenwood for your gee wizz collection):lol:

Yes, but does it apply the equalization curves that the '08- does (i.e. pull out bass as volume increases) or does it output a nice flat signal across all volume levels? I know that the Bose system in my Infiniti did this, all equalization was done in the amp.

It's the same radio, and uses the same line level outputs that the rest of ours use. (so the limited bass at higher volumes would still exist unless the amplifier can some how boost those frequencies after receiving them.) We've got a guy with an 09 2.5i limited coming into an audio shop I frequent, so i'll see if I can sneak a peak when they're working on it.

It's the same radio, and uses the same line level outputs that the rest of ours use. (so the limited bass at higher volumes would still exist unless the amplifier can some how boost those frequencies after receiving them.) We've got a guy with an 09 2.5i limited coming into an audio shop I frequent, so i'll see if I can sneak a peak when they're working on it.

That would be sick. If all wee need is the HK amp then were set. Minus the HK speakers. So the head unit i have no has an internal amp?

all of the headunits have an internal amplifier...it's rated at 100 watts (so says Panasonic) but when i replaced my speakers, I tested mine to be at 14 watts rms per channel. The 09 is the same, but instead of powering speakers from the internal amp, it uses it to send a signal to another amplifier.

hmm, that is too bad. It would be nice if the new unit had the pre-amp outs or at least moved the equalization offboard to the amp. We could then use the new headunit as a driver for aftermarket amps. Oh well.

In terms of speaker size, the fronts will fit, but the rears on 05-08 are a single 6.5" woofer and the speakers on the '09 rears are a tweeter/woofer combo (woofer being 4")

In all honesty, you would be better off not only in price, but in quality to get some 6.5" speakers and a 4 channel amp

In terms of speaker size, the fronts will fit, but the rears on 05-08 are a single 6.5" woofer and the speakers on the '09 rears are a tweeter/woofer combo (woofer being 4")

In all honesty, you would be better off not only in price, but in quality to get some 6.5" speakers and a 4 channel amp

Any recommendations for decent but not too spendy setup that would work with 05-06 headunit without cleansweep, etc?

Subwoofer was relocated to rear deck

Does anyone have more information on this? specifically:

1.) Is it a passive sub (i.e. non-powered)? By reading this thread it sounds like all the amplification in this HK system comes from an amp under the seat, so I would assume it's a non-powered sub box.

2.) What size is the driver? What size is the airspace in the enclosure?

3.) How does it sound?

4.) How low does it hang from the rear deck? Pictures anyone?

5.) Is the sub available separately? if so, what's the part number? :)

I'm curious because I've toyed with the idea of trying to fit a sub up under the rear deck. If I could just go out and buy one, that might work too...

Archived