LegacyGT.com

15,000 mile service

Anyone had the 15k service done? Oilchange, tire rotation, air& fuel filters, injector cleaning quoted at $325.00.. Seems expensive, but I want to keep the car long term and have no time to do any of this myself. Opinions?

I thought the air filter was to be changed at 30K? I don't recall seeing that the fuel filter needed to be changed at 15k either, nor any mention of injector cleaning. Unless you live in a very dusty/polluted area, I'm not sure that you need an air filter at 15k. I changed mine at 30k per the manual and it actually was pretty clean.

In WA state the dealers charge about $200 for the 15k so not sure what's up out there... seems REALLY high though. Check around to another dealer if you can!
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Dealers like to add-on lots of "services" to increase their profits, most of them are not necessary.

Dealers will imply your warranty is in jeopardy if you don't follow their maintenance recommendations, or imply the work must be done at their shop. Neither is true.

Warranty repairs must be done by an authorized dealer, but maintenance work may be done by anyone, you just need to be able to show it was done. The owner's manual maintenance schedule is all you really need to do for maintenance work.

15K SERVICE...There is no fuel filter change...

15208aa100 oil filter

11126aa000 gasket

oil

they will probably use BG additives for fuel and oil.

Just do an oil change, have them rotate the tires if you dont want to do it yourself. Drop the additives(although BG stuff is awesome) and just buy the air filter yourself and put it in. They should be inspecting alot of things on regular oil changes as well.

tHe HoV

i'm touching up on 15k right now so i checked my air filter and it stilll looks nearly as clean as it was a year ago.

i'm going to rotate my tires and check everything over on the car to make sure i'm still in good shape. -- probably order some BG injector cleaner and put that through the system. (like hovied said - it's supposed to be the best out there)

the 2 yr/ 30k mile service is the more important one in my mind.

I'm due for the 15k service also...one thing that has really bothered me is Subaru's service....

1. The good service departments are always 40+ mile from me

2. Service person at the front desk is just "not all there"

3. Techs treat your car like it's a piece of junk and are very rough with slamming the doors, over torqueing the nuts, not checking all the things that is I paid for....

I don't like to take it to the dealer, but most of us still have factory warranty...

Drives me crazy!!

Oh..no...I'm not going to pay over $300 for oil change, tire rotation, air and fuel filters, and a few cheap labor stuff....plus...many of the stuff is "as needed" (including changin stuff)...dam

-vent over

thanks for this thread, I feel better :D

In Taiwan now...:spin:

That must be at good 'ol Chaplin's in Bellevue? They do seem to overcharge. Not sure about other dealers in the Seattle area, guess I should do some checking.

I believe they ask about $220 over there. :( I've always gone to Carter since they charge about $180 and then I get $35 off of that because I bought the oil changes for life. :icon_tong For $400 that program is awesome! I usually keep the car for about 90k (do that in about 3 years) so that equals $1000 worth of oil changes!!! Granted if I could do it myself I could save even more but the ease of it was hard to resist.:icon_bigg

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

the 15K you can do yourself. its just a oil change, tire rotation and a engine air filter change. our fuel filter IS in the gas tank and CAN NOT be changed easily. The whole thing should be worth 50 but they charge so much more. do it yourself. its easy. Oh and the injector cleaning is just a bottle of injector cleaner poured in to the gas tank.

I had my service done today.. 18k miles and nothing out of the ordinary.. nothing out of the ordinary the last oil change. I wanted new wiper blades, but they told me Subaru STOPPED offering free replacement wiper blades under the 3 year warranty.. Can they do that? :iam:

just confirmed from the dealiership. The blades are covered under 3/36 warranty.

lol this is great.. I'm going to wait for an official response from SOA on this matter.. I just sent them an e-mail. The OEM wiper blades suck, but as they get used, they suck even more, so at least a new set would be an improvement.

Archived