LegacyGT.com

best daily options for height/ comfort?

driving

So bought my 05lgt last year and it came with eibachs/kybs. Previous owner said they ad 20k on both. Prob is they are smooth on small bumps and bottoming out on big ones (suspect shocks are blowen . Ive searched here for days reading different opinions and am leaning toward konis full soft setting for daily here in LA. Roads can never close to be fixed so its really ruff.

Option 1 keep eibachs and add konis

Option 2 get specb/ lgt and konis. Are spec b and lgt springs truly identical?)

Option 3 get pinks and run bilstein rev C's

I'm. Looking for a smooth nice handling ride. I do like the ride height of my eibachs but am sure I'm going to have to get some more travel for a better ride.

Go with option 1. The Eibachs aren't well suited for your stock KYBs resulting in increased wear and not a real great ride quality. Full soft on the Konis may result in being bouncy if that is underdamped to the spring rate of the Eibach springs. If you like the ride height of the Eibachs, this is your best option (and can dial out the bounce adjusting from full soft and moving clicks towards firm - just enough to match the spring rate).

LGT and spec.B springs are the same. Pinks will be milder drop than your Eibachs, but the USDM spec.B Bils (JDM Rev.C) are underdamped for the pinks. Bilstein HDs would be better suited (firmer). Cost wise just going with the Konis (inserts used with your existing front KYB housings and rears are a replacement), will be the most effective, and satisfy the goals you mentioned.

Option 1. Keep the Eibachs and get Konis. Everyone running around talking about getting Epic springs are buying a remanufacture of the Eibach Pro Kit that is no longer made for the Legacy. These are good springs and it sounds like they've got some life in 'em yet. Enjoy!

If it's comfort you're after, don't get the Bilstein HD/Pink setup. It's a great suspension for aggressive driving and autocross, but you feel every bump in the road. It won't break your back, but it's definitely firm. The drop is nice though. I went from stock to a 2-finger gap front and rear

If it's comfort you're after, don't get the Bilstein HD/Pink setup. It's a great suspension for aggressive driving and autocross, but you feel every bump in the road. It won't break your back, but it's definitely firm. The drop is nice though. I went from stock to a 2-finger gap front and rear

We might be talking about 2 different Bilstein strut versions (I know there are 3 JDM versions and an American version too), but my JDM bilsteins (rev. B)with JDM pink springs are extremely comfortable and have been for 2 years now. It's very stock-like for sure, just more responsive when pushed hard.

I chose this set up after running aftermarket iON springs on my stock struts for about 5 years which made for a much harsher ride.

We might be talking about 2 different Bilstein strut versions (I know there are 3 JDM versions and an American version too), but my JDM bilsteins (rev. B)with JDM pink springs are extremely comfortable and have been for 2 years now. It's very stock-like for sure, just more responsive when pushed hard.

I chose this set up after running aftermarket iON springs on my stock struts for about 5 years which made for a much harsher ride.

It's likely that we're talking about two similarly-named, yet very different setups. The Bilstein HDs I have are the American version and have been paired with JDM Pinks

Just go back to stock, man. KYBs and stock springs if you are looking for comfort. If you want more sportiness add konis and stick with stock springs.

This was the route (Koni/OEMsprings) I took and am quite happy for DD needs.

Yes I did

Here is the link

He had them revalved to match Pinks, so your experience is not apples-to-apples.

This doesn't mean much, as the definition of being an active member of LGT.com, is to have bought something from mr_hicksta. :wub:

:lol: I have sold Josh stuff, but never bought from him! Last man standing! :lol:

I was in the same boat, bought a used 05 lgt, it had exact same thing, eibach springs and kyb struts. And they sucked just like you said. I bought the koni yellows, problem solved. The eibach springs with konis = pure awesome. Dont waste your money with new springs, yours should be perfectly fine. Konis are lifetime warranty and adjustable. This is a no brainer!

I had evaluated those plots back when he was considering the switch back to RCE Tarmacs. I found that the high speed compression damping was significantly higher (more stiff) at high piston velocities versus the only Bilstein HD (4th Gen Legacy) data I could find. Everywhere else on the curve was within what I would consider "the noise".

I had evaluated those plots back when he was considering the switch back to RCE Tarmacs. I found that the high speed compression damping was significantly higher (more stiff) at high piston velocities versus the only Bilstein HD (4th Gen Legacy) data I could find. Everywhere else on the curve was within what I would consider "the noise".

That sounds about right. Just around town it's noticeably stiffer than stock but it's not horrible. You don't really go "man, that was rough" until you're going down the freeway and hit a crack in the pavement.

There's one route I used to take to work that I no longer do, because my car just turns into a teeter-totter and makes you dizzy. On stock suspension it just floated right along without a fuss

• 1 month later...

There's one route I used to take to work that I no longer do, because my car just turns into a teeter-totter and makes you dizzy. On stock suspension it just floated right along without a fuss

Please tell me that's because of the modifications to your shocks and that the unmolested HDs run smoother on rougher roads...

:)

Archived