LegacyGT.com

Check engine light came on.....

Ok gotta question, Well I was drivin and pressed on te gas petal and all of a sudden, the cruse control light started flashing and my check engine light came on. My car has kinna been missing out lately and I just got my plugs and wires changed. Anyone know what this means??

^^ injector and coil pack*

Follow this order:

1. Inspect spark plug for signs of cracking on porcelain - very rare, but can happen

2. Swap coil pack with another cylinder, see if code follows

3. Swap Injector with another cylinder, see if code follows

4. Compression test.

5. New shortblock.

swap plugs and packs with another side it that does not shift the codes do a

compression test, dont drop money replacing parts that you dont know are the root cause. trust me i did that and my cyl 4 misfire was due to a burnt exhaust valve. after replacing new plugs / packs/injector/manifold gasket/seafoam $$$ :rolleyes:

Litterly 3 weeks ago, I just spent 425.00 bucks to change the plugs, wires, and basicly give it the 120,000 mile tune up. So this happening really pisses me off. Sense I just got a tune up, I'm hoping the dealership will fix this free of charge seeing as their the one that just worked in it a few weeks ago....

^^ injector and coil pack*

Follow this order:

1. Inspect spark plug for signs of cracking on porcelain - very rare, but can happen

2. Swap coil pack with another cylinder, see if code follows

3. Swap Injector with another cylinder, see if code follows

4. Compression test.

5. Cylinder leakdown test.

6. New shortblock.

Fixed ;)

No harm in swapping a single spark plug, but also check that all hoses are correctly in place - a leaking vacuum hose can give strange symptoms. And don't forget the manifold gaskets - it has been known that they can start to leak when they get old which in turn can give misfires.

Also make sure that the MAF is cleaned. Use MAF cleaner fluid.

453747.png

Fact. There should be a subset for burnt valve replacement as well!

^^^ this. I point this out as a possible last hope to cling to when diagnosing low compression...especially since I had convinced myself of a failed ringland and then performed a leakdown test and discovered it was a burnt intake valve instead.

Like hitting the lottery...sort of :spin:

Archived