LegacyGT.com

Whiteline KCA313 Kit Revision!

PeterJMC

Anyone that had purchased and installed the KCA313 kit, be sure you read this and inspect your ball joints!

After reading this thread, http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2239451&postcount=4, I thought that more of the community at www.legacygt.com should be aware of this issue since not everyone here visits NASIOC. This news is new to me and I'm glad I ran across that thread since I have a brand new not yet installed kit sitting on my desk. I would have been pretty pissed if I installed these, paid for an alignment and found out these were bad.

It seems that there have been a few revisions of the KCA313 kit. The first few verisons of the Whiteline KCA313 kit had reliability issues with the ball joint remaining secure in the knuckle. Whiteline released it's latest revision of the KCA313 kit in November to correct that problem. You can obtain a replacement kit from Global Performance or Whiteline.

Please read through this thread and post #218,#223 for more information

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1604279

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24433012&postcount=218

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24442413&postcount=223

IMO, Whiteline has done a good job with communicating with the Subaru community and making a bad situation right.

I received the older kit back in August timeframe, and installed in September/October timeframe, so definitely before the new kit hit the distributor here in the U.S.. I'd like to get the replacement kit. Is there a charge and/or what is the process?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I just got an email back from Glenn @ Global and my issue has been forwarded to their customer service department to Judy @ Global. I was told that she would contact me to get a replacement set.

Just so you know, I purchased my kit from Renick Motorsports and not directly from Whiteline or Global. You can go directly to Global (Whitelines Master distributor) for a replacement set.

Just got an email back from Judy @ Global and I sent them my shipping address. I will be sending back my version of the set as soon as I receive this replacement set. Free shipping to me and free return shipping to them. If you need time to remove the old parts from your car it's no problem. Total cost... $0.00

These people work quick!

FYI - I purchased my set locally from a subie dealer (south Coast Subaru)

I purchased one of the "older kits" on 10/08. Did my research and talked to Jim @ WL, all i had to do was take kit back to SCS and they swapped it out free of charge. Luckily i didnt install them...(thanks to Pete/jamal @ HBSpd!)

But Props to Jim @ WL & Ferdie @ SCS to get it sorted...and Jamal for giving me the heads up .

DALE - Give HBSpd/Pete a call...if he did your install, he may remember if you had and older or new kit

~Sucka-Duck~

I have been in contact with Judy through out the day. I already have a UPS trk number for the replacement kit. The old ones are still installed in my car! They said return them when i am ready.

Global Performance (Judy) , Whiteline thank you for handling this matter

with such professionalism.

Dave

Jamal told me about the issues that Ferdie had with his (on the track :eek:) and to watch mine for similar symptoms. Now that I have them, and am experiencing similar issues, I'd like to get these replaced as soon as practical. It's not good when your ball joint is "dis-jointed"

I've also heard that whiteline is giving out free steering rack bushings as compensation. That was something they were offering a few months ago when people first started noticing this problem so I'm not sure if it's still going on.

I've got to say the new parts are great and I'm not quite sure why they didn't make them that way in the first place. Oh well, they're definitely doing a great job dealing with the situation. That sucks having to go back, re-design the part, and give out all those refunds/replacements. I can think of more than one subaru parts company that would have denied there was a problem and blamed it on installation error.

And yeah, I told Dale about this a week or so after I installed the parts. That was about three months ago.

when would the RCA's been necessary/worthwhile? I'm on JDM bilsteins with pinks so I'm not slammed.

Is this adding/causing static negative camber at the front/rear? If so, then I'd recommend getting the RCK. If not, and/or you're not experiencing bump steer as a result of the suspension changes, then I don't see a reason to add the RCK. With the Swifts, it dropped it enough that every bump became a bump steer opportunity, so it was a no-brainer

I've also heard that whiteline is giving out free steering rack bushings as compensation. That was something they were offering a few months ago when people first started noticing this problem so I'm not sure if it's still going on.

I've got to say the new parts are great and I'm not quite sure why they didn't make them that way in the first place. Oh well, they're definitely doing a great job dealing with the situation. That sucks having to go back, re-design the part, and give out all those refunds/replacements. I can think of more than one subaru parts company that would have denied there was a problem and blamed it on installation error.

And yeah, I told Dale about this a week or so after I installed the parts. That was about three months ago.

That's good to hear.

Thankfully WL is stepping up on this. I wish that a replacement kit had been available when I put mine in. Then it wouldn't have to be redone.

Just hear from Judy at Global. My replacement set is on the way. Emailed her late Friday evening, shipped today. Fast response time for sure.

• 1 month later...
How do you tell if you have the old version vs. the new version? From what I've read, it seems that the new version has 'Whiteline' engraved on the side of the ball joint- Can anyone confirm this?

The NEW version DOES have Whiteline engraved on the side of it. I've held both versions in my hands. The OLD version does NOT have Whiteline engraved on the side of it.

The NEW version DOES have Whiteline engraved on the side of it. I've held both versions in my hands. The OLD version does NOT have Whiteline engraved on the side of it.

Thanks for the confirmation- good to know before the install....my set will go in this weekend along with the AVO offset LCA bushings.

Archived