LegacyGT.com

Transmission noise, 90 legacy wagon, high miles

The 1990 legacy wagon FWD i got last week makes noise when i release the clutch in neutral. The car is perfectly quiet when i have the clutch pressed to the floor, but when i let out, there is a sound, almost like leaves rustling in the transmission. It goes into all gears just fine. I already have to get a driver side CV axle and probably the rack and pinion steering because the dust boots on both sides is torn. I checked the trans fluid level from the dipstick on the side, and it said the level was perfect. However when i was changing the oil in the car and it was on ramps, i noticed a wet spot on the transmission, near the front. ill try and take some pictures of it, if the rain ever holds off. And when moving the car, when i am letting off on the clutch and it all gets under a load trying to move the car, the transmission makes all kind of rattling sounds and shakes. How often do the transmission mounts go bad in these cars? this car has 250k miles on it and sat for like 2 years.

• 1 month later...
sold the car already. aha i always get answers after i sell my cars. same with the mustang i had. The day i sold it i got over 15 answers on the mustang forum i was posting all that one day and had no answers before that day. Anyways thank you

Archived