LegacyGT.com

Intermittent misfire issue

Ok, I'm having an intermittent issue over the last two weeks where my 02 2.5 manual wagon will randomly start running only on cylinders 1 and 2. First time it happened the only code it threw was p1581. After looking around for a bit seeing nothing out of the ordinary I restarted and it ran fine. About a week later it happened again and I shut down and restarted with no issue. The next time it happened I pulled a code of p0171, again it restarted with no issue. The last two times it happened the only codes were misfire on 3 and 4. Now a couple things I noticed during this, occasionally the obd port wouldn't connect and when it happened while driving the throttle became ULTRA sensitive. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Has the car ever stalled out? How many miles on it? Sounds like coil pack or plug wires. take the spark plugs out and check them too

Never stalled, just ran like crap on two cylinders.

I pulled the wire for 4 while running and misfiring and saw nothing. I did the same for 2 and got a strong spark so I quickly reinstalled and the idle smoothed immediately. A few minutes later, after idling while I looked around, it started misfiring again so I repeated the wire pulls but on 3 and 1 with the same results. Also I have to add, it only happens after running for a while and the engine is hot. I'm leaning towards the coil but not 100% sure just yet

Edit to add it has 270 + on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Archived