LegacyGT.com

Paint touch up ?'s

GEE-OTTO

Hello folks,

So over the years and mile my front bumper and hood have incurred some stone chips, knicks light scratches etc. Some are clear coat some are slightly deeper. My questions:

1. Would it be cheaper to have a body shoe just repaint the front bumper and hood?

2. Should i have a body shop sand and reapply clear coat and ignore the deeper marks?

3.What would you do?

Car is 2008 OBP Legacy so I want to make sure there isn't a drastic mismatch.

Advice always appreciated.

I've never used it but Dr. Colorchip is apparently the cat's meow for fixing this stuff. I have the ssame problem you do. If I were to have it repainted, I would sand the bumper myself. I feel like when I let others in my area do the work it always comes out half done with a bunch of crappy fading.

http://drcolorchip.com/?gclid=CMmI4pPMvbYCFcFM4Aod-xEAhQ

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I've never used it but Dr. Colorchip is apparently the cat's meow for fixing this stuff. I have the ssame problem you do. If I were to have it repainted, I would sand the bumper myself. I feel like when I let others in my area do the work it always comes out half done with a bunch of crappy fading.

http://drcolorchip.com/?gclid=CMmI4pPMvbYCFcFM4Aod-xEAhQ

You know for $40 I might try this on my hood as it only has about a dozen chips! I think ill get the whole bumper painted b/c there is so many marks and rash from winter/rocks/debris/real life lol.

Thanks for the link now to find a body shop that doesnt suck at painting and pricing in NoVA:lol:

You know for $40 I might try this on my hood as it only has about a dozen chips! I think ill get the whole bumper painted b/c there is so many marks and rash from winter/rocks/debris/real life lol.

Thanks for the link now to find a body shop that doesnt suck at painting and pricing in NoVA:lol:

Would you mind posting an update or a before-and-after? I might pull the trigger on the Doc's paint this summer. GL buddy!

You get what you pay for with paint chip remedies. Years ago I matched paint from Subaru on my first sedan and spent hours cleaning and prepping. Almost every chip lost it's paint.

Was it Dr. Colorchip?

Archived