LegacyGT.com

aux input help....

So after owning my LGT for 6 months ive decided I need some way to play music from my phone or ipod. I have a galaxy S4 it it makes any difference. After looking through the options i could find on here which were fm transmitter, fm module, p-204uh swap and jazzy mod I have come across an unforeseen problem. I don't like any of these options and I will explain why.

-Fm module & FM transmitter

Any car I have been in with these options has had terrible audio quality. the skip, or fade in and out, have static interference and just overall terrible audio quality.

-Jazzy Mod

Ive had 2 friends both with this mod done to their car and while it provides good audio both of theirs skipped when it got to the end of the blank CD. This would absolutely drive me up a wall because it happened in my last car (97 camry). It would cut off the last 5-6 seconds of every track no matter if it was a CD I made or store bought. Irritated the crap out of me and i would hate to have it skip in the middle of a song.

-P204UH swap

I hate the way the unit looks, simple as that. In my opinion its just ugly, way to busy with to many buttons and the layout just isnt as nice as my stock unit.

So where does this leave me, well I don't know. I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I want an aux-in port with good audio quality but I don't want to sacrifice the look of the interior of the car. Can anyone help me? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001KO7UI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I installed this. The audio quality is good. Volume is a little low but that may be my phone and not the unit itself.

I would also go nuts with the random skips in music with the jazzy mod playing the blank cd so I went with the FM Modulator. Happy with my choice so far. I even went as far as buying a OEM stereo with the Aux in and decided not to put all the Aux parts into the center console and just keep the FM Modulator.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001KO7UI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I installed this. The audio quality is good. Volume is a little low but that may be my phone and not the unit itself.

I would also go nuts with the random skips in music with the jazzy mod playing the blank cd so I went with the FM Modulator. Happy with my choice so far. I even went as far as buying a OEM stereo with the Aux in and decided not to put all the Aux parts into the center console and just keep the FM Modulator.

I have this in my car. The audio quality is weak. I am thinking of switching to the Jazzy Mod.

I have the jazzy mod. It only skips every 74 minutes. So unless you're on a car ride lasting over that long, it won't skip. And even when it does, its only a second. One skip every 74 minutes isnt that bad imo. Plus its rather simple to install and you can put your aux port where ever you want. :)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Archived