LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT Wagon - 88k miles

zholling10

A friend of mine recently came across a black 2005 Legacy GT wagon 5eat. It has 88k miles on it and appears to be in good condition, it is not the limited model so no leather or sunroofs. It is located in Idaho but I am in AZ so a friend of mine in the area is checking it out. It is a private sale and they are asking $8500. KBB has it at a private party value around $6000 and Edmunds as a value of $6300. What do you think a fair offer would be? I just feel like I would be over paying if I spent $7000 or more. Thoughts? Thanks guys, this would be my first Subaru so I would be super excited to get this one.

Unless it has a Flux capacitor, or some extremely extensive mods, talking big money pumped into the car. It's not worth 8500. However you have to assume that they are asking for a lot more so they can negotiate the highest kbb value they can. Before I bought my 05 Legacy gt wagon I owned a 02 neon, please stop laughing, lol. It only had 107000 on the odometer, way under the amount assumed the average driver has driven for a car that old. Best advice is to really get the car inspected since you live so far away and then make an offer, assuming the current owner will negotiate. Make sure they will negotiate before putting money into the inspection. BTW my 05 has 143000 on the odometer, I paid 4700 for it. I did my research and found that on average 05 Legacy GT'S are going for around 6500 average out of almost 300 sales in the past 30 days. Now saying that, that includes private sales and dealers and auctions. I hope that helps out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Unless it has a Flux capacitor, or some extremely extensive mods, talking big money pumped into the car. It's not worth 8500. However you have to assume that they are asking for a lot more so they can negotiate the highest kbb value they can. Before I bought my 05 Legacy gt wagon I owned a 02 neon, please stop laughing, lol. It only had 107000 on the odometer, way under the amount assumed the average driver has driven for a car that old. Best advice is to really get the car inspected since you live so far away and then make an offer, assuming the current owner will negotiate. Make sure they will negotiate before putting money into the inspection. BTW my 05 has 143000 on the odometer, I paid 4700 for it. I did my research and found that on average 05 Legacy GT'S are going for around 6500 average out of almost 300 sales in the past 30 days. Now saying that, that includes private sales and dealers and auctions. I hope that helps out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey man thanks for the response. Yeah I had a friend of mine who owns an Outback XT check it out. We went to school together and I know he knows his stuff. He also has a friend who works at the local Subaru dealer check it out and it seemed to check out. The only thing it needs is a new windshield as it was cracked. After talking to the owner on the phone, we settled on $7600. I do feel like I am over spending a little bit but I have been looking for one of these for a long time and I feel like I am getting my moneys worth. It is stock though so it gives me a clean slate for mods :cool: No shame in your Neon! I just sold my 1999 Buick Regal for $1600 last weekend so this LGT will be a definite upgrade!

If the car is clean and it runs well, it's a good price. Post some pics when you pick it up!

Do some reading on this site. There's a ton of good information regarding these cars. If the car is totally stock you should replace the uppipe with a non-catted one and check the banjo bolts.

If the car is clean and it runs well, it's a good price. Post some pics when you pick it up!

Do some reading on this site. There's a ton of good information regarding these cars. If the car is totally stock you should replace the uppipe with a non-catted one and check the banjo bolts.

Yeah I think it is a fair price for the car. Especially with that low of miles for an 05. I will only be the third owner as well. But I will post pictures for sure as soon as I can! I pick it up tomorrow morning. I couldn't be more excited. Yeah I have been reading about the uppipe stuff and find it interesting. It seems like a good investment. Any other things that should be checked?

The timing belt should probably get changed. The service is due at 105k but assuming it still has the original belt it's now 10+ years old.

It's not a bad idea to pull the down pipe and check the turbo for shaft play.

Get in the habit of checking the oil religiously and also using quality oil and filters. I'd send an oil sample to black stone for analysis.

The factory tune runs pretty lean. Going to a stage 1 tune or getting an aftermarket downpipe and tune should also be in your future.

Checking or changing the plugs and all fluids would also be a good idea.

Buy mine instead!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-so-cal-2005-legacy-gt-wagon-limited-5eat-250170.html

Yes, more mileage. Already Stage 2. All the Limited features and other options. Serviced at Infamous Performance (M Sprank) who will tell you anything you want about the car. Koni struts. Considerably less money than the one you're buying, and I'm the original owner. $7k firm.

Archived