LegacyGT.com

Difference between turbo & non-turbo hood deflectors?

I just bought a hood deflector from the stealership for my LGT but I'm now bothered by the possibility that they might have given me the one for non-turbo models by mistake. I don't want to open the bag if it's not the right one. All the sticker says is:

Description: SCI700319

Item: 10064SUBHG

Model: LEGACY/OUTBACK

Nothing about "turbo" or "non-turbo".

What are the physical difference between the hood deflector for a turbo and non-turbo models? Is there a way to figure it out by the part #?

The difference is that the back side(hood scoop side) has a lip on the non-turbo model and the one for the turbo is flat and has no lip. They sure don't make it clear or obvious anywhere as to which is which.
Let's kick this pig!

That one would direct air over the hodd scoop while the other allows air to follow the contour of the hood. I still scrub bugs off my hood scoop during the summer months, so I know the air stream makes it into the scoop. Most people on here don't like or have this part, but I wouldn't go without it at least during the winter and spring when the gravel and rocks are flying the most. My hood is still perfect and doesn't have a single chip after 3 years and 45K miles. Well worth it.
Let's kick this pig!

My front bumper is still pretty clean except for a couple parking block scrapes on the underside from the wife and maybe 2 nicks from rocks. I try to stay off the azz or trucks and SUV's that hurl rocks at my front end and I don't ever drive on gravel roads. Also, I have an old Jeep that I drive during the winter. I have been thinking about a clear bra setup, but that sh*t is crazy expensive especially if you have someone else do it.
Let's kick this pig!

Someone must have a part number here for that deflector. Then you can take that back to the dealership and go with that. Anything we have in the US you should be able to order in Canada. The only thing I couldn't get here was my Australian Liberty badge. Had to get it from a guy in Aussie.

• 6 months later...

I just bought a hood deflector for my 2006 Legacy Non -Turbo Canadian version with the following info:

Description: SCI700319

Item: 10064SUBHG

Model: LEGACY/OUTBACK

Does anyone have any pics of a recent install on a Canadain model? Mine looks a little different then some pics if seen lately in this forum.

Archived