LegacyGT.com

Just Picked up my 07 LGT

spinski

I have been waiting since July 17 for this order to arrive. It was originally scheduled for October but things moved quicker than I anticipated. This wagon is the third Legacy wagon I have owned and it is AWESOME!!! It seems to drive better than the 06 I test drove. The turbo lag is not bad at all, it seems much smoother in all transistions, braking/acceleration and very, very fast.

It is just as I ordered, Diamond Gray Metallic with a few accessories. The Leather is much better than the 06, feels thicker, more substantial, stitching is a little more prominant.

I think I will use the SI drive quite a bit. The I drive feels better in town and smooth on the highway. Sport is great on the road in steady state freeway driving. Sport # will probably be best on twisties, rolly hills where you can use the quick power transitions, where you're going on and off the throttle.

SRS WOW is WOW. It gives a much fuller, deeper sound, more range and frequency response. It is the best auto sound system I've ever heard. Plus I can plug my ipod right into it.

This is just as substantial car as anything called Lexus, Acura, BMW or Mercedes!

1818296663_Subaru8_29.06005.thumb.jpg.7252f6a5a38deec242753a62ed56b9b8.jpg

873859140_Subaru8_29.06002.thumb.jpg.1f7a35ba8de52cbc5789052168757e80.jpg

1918501045_Subaru8_29.06008.thumb.jpg.0b68360d408b218a6526ede5fd92f9cd.jpg

2100551029_Subaru8_29.06012.thumb.jpg.07a5d5c88c92ce15697b664c2df2fde3.jpg

I think SRS stands for Sound Research Systems (or something like that). It is an acoustic tuning system in the sound system software that has been set up specifically for the Legacy. WOW is their trade name for what has been done. The rosewood is standard on the LGT in charcoal, no titanium is available. I don't know what they will be putting in the N/A Limited.

I think most dealers don't really know what will be coming off the assembly line until it reaches the dealer at this point. Subaru doesn't know what they're putting on the cars right now. For example, the only glitch I had in this order was that I ordered the fancy rear view mirror with "Homelink". The only reason I ordered the $200 mirror was for the homelink. They installed the auto dimming mirror with compass WITHOUT the homelink.

Evidently, Homelink may be standard on the LGT or some model in the future and the guy that installed the mirror was being proactive and deleted it at install. The owners manual talks about the homelink at length being on the driver's visor.

Anyway, this car is a blast! The quality is exceptionally high, the rosewood is a great additional touch and no one knows about my not having homelink until now.

Some of you like the new 6 spoke wheels a lot don't. I'm not sure if I think they look better or worse than the old wheels. The best looking stock alum wheels were on the 98-99 Acura CL and TLs (in my opinion). These look good (to me), they are not the best looking wheels nor are they the worst.

1369776437_Subaru8_29.06003.jpg.cfec91a6040a5087e81d3293e66bfff4.jpg

1068460607_Subaru8_29.06004.jpg.6e8c204e3002231b343ff00349bec7fc.jpg

looks like you got a clear bra on there already. smart move.

+1 money well spent...u will not regret doing it.......now if only i could get my lazy ass to hv that installed on my car....already 1 chip and i'm so pissed off everytime i notice it ....grrrrr:icon_mad:

I think I will use the SI drive quite a bit. The I drive feels better in town and smooth on the highway. Sport is great on the road in steady state freeway driving. Sport # will probably be best on twisties, rolly hills where you can use the quick power transitions, where you're going on and off the throttle.
Hi I just test drove the 2006 LGT and as the first turbo car I've driven I found the turbo boost kicking in a little too much for me went I we just trying to get up to speed. Will the Intelligent mode smooth out the acceleration. If so I definitely need to try that out because otherwise I wanted just a *little* more response, acceleration (not necessarily power) than the N.A. model.

Since I am in "run-in" mode for the first 1,000 miles or so and am not supposed to run over 4,000 RPM, I have found the "I" mode just right. You can modulate the throttle much easier from 1,000 to 4,000 RPM. It runs as fast as you want, it is just easier to keep below 4k. With it in Sport or #, once it hits about 3,500 it jumps to 5K either NOW or RIGHT NOW (depending if you're in Sport or #), and it just keeps going to 6,000 without a thought. Driving around town, unless there's a kid in a WRX or EVO and he's making a lot of noise and you really want to play, I probably won't use anything but I mode. Even on the interstate, I mode gives plenty of power.

...your LGT looks great, that's the color combination I was looking at for a wagon. Quick question, how is the automatic w/the turbo motor in the '07s? Since I'll be coming from a 6-speed manual car, I was a bit worried that I may not enjoy the automatic too much, but it's all that's offered for the new wagons.

...your LGT looks great, that's the color combination I was looking at for a wagon. Quick question, how is the automatic w/the turbo motor in the '07s? Since I'll be coming from a 6-speed manual car, I was a bit worried that I may not enjoy the automatic too much, but it's all that's offered for the new wagons.

I haven't driven a manual in the Legacy. From what I understand, it's faster and you can drop down two or three gears at a time, the 5EAT is sequential. It is a very fast car, the SI drive gives much more flexibility. A lot of LGT owners were bagging the SI drive as a gimmick and I was afraid it was going to be. I have found the I drive extremely useful for in town driving, it's much easier to drive in traffic in that mode. It's not bad on the highway in I mode either. I can really see that driving in slick conditions will be much better in I than in Sport or #.

We get over 220" of snow at my house. There are lots of Outbacks around here and I have talked to some who have LL Beans with the H6 engine. They all tell me it has too much power and they'll spin all four wheels before they get traction and get going.

nice-- i just got my 2007 lgt sedan 5-spd same color diamond gray metallic -- the SRS wow radio button is awsome-- it seems like it turns on a sub woofer some where.

i test drove the 06 but for $500 bucks more i picked up the 07 -- well worth the extra money including the si drive which i leave on (S) most of the time.

but i cant wait for my sti lip to come in :)

GOOD LUCK with the ride

nice-- i just got my 2007 lgt sedan 5-spd same color diamond gray metallic -- the SRS wow radio button is awsome-- it seems like it turns on a sub woofer some where.

i test drove the 06 but for $500 bucks more i picked up the 07 -- well worth the extra money including the si drive which i leave on (S) most of the time.

but i cant wait for my sti lip to come in :)

GOOD LUCK with the ride

Does yours have the wood accents too? I still haven't seen anyone confirm if the manual GT's with black interior have the wood or aluminum trim. I plan on getting an 07 LGT sedan in diamond gray metallic and I really don't want wood trim. Any chance you could post some pics too?

Does yours have the wood accents too? I still haven't seen anyone confirm if the manual GT's with black interior have the wood or aluminum trim. I plan on getting an 07 LGT sedan in diamond gray metallic and I really don't want wood trim. Any chance you could post some pics too?

Just picked up an 07 LGT sedan with 5sp in diamond gray, yes I got the wood trim. Nothing but compliments so far... I'll post pics soon.

As I mentioned earlier, I just ordered my 07 in the same exterior/interior color as everyone else here seems to have. I was wondering, aside from changes like the color of the (fake) wood between 2006 and 2007, do any of you notice a difference in other interior materials (plastic/leather) between the model years? I just test drove a 2006 and never sat in a 2007 to compare the two.

Archived