LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT hood on 2.5L

Hey guys,

I was wondering if the hood with the scoop would pose any problems on a non turbo car? I really love the look of it and if one day come across one I'd scoop it up in sec.

I know it won't be functional, but I feel the hood is very bare without the scoop on it.

I'd love to hear what you guys think,

Mario

TRSCobra, CMull123 thank you for your feedback. It's just a mere thought, one can wonder can't they :-P

boymk123 - lol sorry to offend you, didn't know it was so frowned upon. Would this still be as big a negative if the said car had a AVO turbokit in it?

Mario

have fun collecting all the dirts, rain, and snow into your engine compartment

and beside...

please do not disgrace our GT community

The 98ish Outback's had a hoodscoop on the non-turbos... our engine department doesn't get dirtier or collect debris.... the intercooler on my '05 doesn't collect debris or get dirty either...

But, I agree it's posing a little...

unless your car came like that from factory (04< leggy), 2.5i with a GT hood is lame, sorry if I offended you (it's like putting a 2.5GT badge on your trunk)..

you have a 2.5i, drive it proudly why pretend to be something else? have fun spending on an AVO kit , it's cheaper to get yourself a GT

and don't you worry I was not offended :rolleyes:

save yourself some cash for useful suspension mod

I think the scooped hood breaks the front of the car up well.

Go for it!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Why are you all giving the OP so much crap? It's his car, he can do what he wants with it.

If you like the look, than go for it. It's a little ricey, but who cares? It's YOUR car! I'm saving up for a fmic and if you're still searching for a scooped hood by the time that happens ill be up for a trade.

... or you could buy me and fmic and we can trade now ;) hahaha

Why are you all giving the OP so much crap? It's his car, he can do what he wants with it.

If you like the look, than go for it. It's a little ricey, but who cares? It's YOUR car! I'm saving up for a fmic and if you're still searching for a scooped hood by the time that happens ill be up for a trade.

... or you could buy me and fmic and we can trade now ;) hahaha

yeas except his is steel and weighs like 100 lbs

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

My 98 GT came with a hood scoop and it wasn't turboed. There's no problem doing this.

yes, there is a problem, he's losing money for a useless mod! and ricers think pwning a GT is easy

What about sti badges on lgt's?

oh, haven't you heard? our GT engine is somehow identical to the STI engine. Tell me wtf the 2.5i has anything with to do with our GT? same windshield washer pump?:lol::):rolleyes:

interior swaps are functional, scoops without an IC are not.

No offense, but how? Interior swaps are purely for looks if your just going to spec b. There are the same exact seats, are they not? Just different materials. And you didn't answer my question. Is putting spec b seats in your base lgt posing too?

yes, there is a problem, he's losing money for a useless mod! and ricers think pwning a GT is easy

oh, haven't you heard? our GT engine is somehow identical to the STI engine. Tell me wtf the 2.5i has anything with to do with our GT? same windshield washer pump?:lol::):rolleyes:

No need to cry... But no, its not. That's as moronic a statement as me saying my 2.5i has the same motor as an lgt just without a turbo. It is, but not really. Putting an sti badge on an lgt is like me putting an lgt badge in my 2.5i. I've never seen anyone's ass get chewed for having an sti badge on their lgt. There's a double standard.

I'm just saying, let him do what the **** he wants. No need to make him feel stupid about it.

Archived