LegacyGT.com

2009 2.5i windows and tires

My gf just bought a 2009 2.5i SE with 30K miles. It's in really nice shape and drives well.

The power windows go up and down really slow though. All four of them are very slow, about half the speed of mine on my 2010 and slower than any car really. They don't seem impeded or move roughly just slow. Is this normal or should she get it looked at? If it does seem wrong will they look at this and/or replace it under warranty without charging her and saying they are working as intended?

Also how long are the stock tires good for? They're the Yokohama Advan 205/50R17 ones. They rated for a certain mileage or should I just go and try to measure the tread? She lives 30 miles away so I can't just do it right now.

Thanks for the help.

Good question my 2008 2.5i SE 5 speed does the same thing with windows and I have been getting ready to replace my A82s at the end of winter with the car having 23k mostly highway. (Front tires rounding of corners) The tread wear is what 160?

Good question my 2008 2.5i SE 5 speed does the same thing with windows and I have been getting ready to replace my A82s at the end of winter with the car having 23k mostly highway. (Front tires rounding of corners) The tread wear is what 160?

You should have it aligned if your tires aren't wearing even

You should have it aligned if your tires aren't wearing even

I had this done right after I bought the car. I even neglected to drive it before the appointment. I'm afraid the tire wear on the outer edges on the fronts is already done really its only like 4/32" on the outer of fronts but the inside is at 6/32". Normal or did the previous owner run the fronts too low the majority of the time? I had a receipt for the rotation not to recently at discount tire, they did a horrible job balancing the tires in Nov. before I had bought the car. Car only had 24k only the fronts have the rounding...

OK so the window things sounds normal for this car. Man they are really slow but oh well. I feel like I'm going to bump them and break them since they aren't framed all around. Thanks.

Do your front windows have a decent amount of play when wiggling the window back and forth with the door open?

my old 07 2.5i windows were tinted, and were very slow.

My wifes 05 limited (NON TINTED) is 30%+ faster than my 07

and my new 09 (NON TINTED) is just as fast as our 05

Our friends 08 limited (NON Tinted) is just as fast at the 05

so the common variable for me, was the tint. The only car out of these four, was the one with tint.

The dealer confirmed, and stated the extra resistance was likely slowing it down.

are your windows tinted?

Do your front windows have a decent amount of play when wiggling the window back and forth with the door open?

I'll have to check this weekend when I see her and the car again.

Also, no they're not tinted but she plans on getting them done. Guess they will get slower heh.

my friends volvo the windows go up super fast !!!

one day the window was frozen and when he tryed to open it it jsut broke a bunch of internals! aprently its a common problem !

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Archived