i just bought these for 300$

i know they're rotas

and i know they're 17"

http://i41.tinypic.com/1oa97b.jpg

they're wrapped in some truck grade nitto studded snow tires for winter

http://www.rotawheels.com/wheel.php?id=27

------------WHAT ARE THEY???!------------------

&

how do i make them fit (aka personal preference w adaptor plates/rubbing issues w whatever offset they are)

btw im around 1" or so lower then stock in the front and about .5" higher in rear (lowering this weekend)

thanks

so i can get a set of hub centric 22mm spacer/adapters 5x100 to 5x114.3 from a local shop (22mm is smallest they can go) for 320$ in 10 days

OR

i believe i can order 2 sets of THESE? hub centric 56mm hub, 15mm spacer, 5x100>5x114.3 (12x1.25mm lugs) for 160 for monday arrival...

my question is...

are THESE the exact part i need? i figured 22mm is going to be more of a PITA then 15mm

I put some on my sedan for a week, didn't really like the look with stock height my car looked like a monster truck I ended up trading them for some 03 wrx 16's. But that's just my preference without a lowered car...17's are big unless you get low-profile tires but then you have lots of room between the well and tire. Just looked odd to me.

I sure don't blue, I only borrowed them from a buddy so I could line some tires up for those 16's..I mean, really any wheel looks 50% better when your tucking them. I think you will be looking pretty good with some mid-sized side walls.

Those 17's had good strut clearance on stock height , I could literally stick two fingers in'giggidy'.

I was in the same position with 5x114's. I stayed with my stock rims. Spacers like that are knarly. And there would be quite the rolling going on. I am pro ebay spacers and have them on my audi albeit 8mm in the front and 12mm in the back. My front drivers tire more or less fell off going 15mph or so. I didn't retorque them after I put new wheels on. One bolt stayed in,but the car fell onto te top of the caliper and the control arm dug into the rim. Sketchy stuff. Just retorque and you'll be good. Life sucks when you get the wrong pattern unknowingly. The 2012's look good though :)

Archived