LegacyGT.com

Dual Mass FW -> Single Mass FW = Great Upgrade

ATB

I had the TOB, flywheel, and clutch replaced on my 05 LGT last week at 83k with new OEM parts after the TOB started making some noise with the pedal all the way to the floor. I was going to wait until 95k when I plan to do the timing belt + water pump, but I didn't want to mess with any TOB issues.

Well, I should have done this back in '06 when I bought the car. I've never been happy with the clutch; it always felt heavy and vague. Well it would appear the single mass flywheel fixed that. I now finally have a "normal" feeling clutch in the car. For anyone with a DMFW, I highly recommend the swap.

• 2 weeks later...
which SMFW did you install?

What part of "with new OEM parts" didn't you understand.

Sorry buddy, couldn't pass that one up. My Audi buddy say's that to to me alot. lol

OP, this has been the recommended way to go in this cars since about 2008. SMFW.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

what was the cost of this operation? i'm interested

What, replacing the FW and clutch ?

Figure $1000.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

ACT LWFW, OEM clutch kit, TSK-3 kit ~ $700 in parts.

I guess you missed the threads about LWFW = worst MOD I did.

I would not recommend it to anyone with one of these cars.

Noise, when you lift in higher gears, like 3rd or 4th you get a lot of gear noise that we say sounds like a bucket of rocks rolling down the hill. Up shifts under medium load, can make noise like a old truck from the 1920's.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived