LegacyGT.com

Manual rear view mirror for 05 GT?

JohnSoPA

I just took off my manual rearview mirror. It could be for sale. Where are you located?

Any Subaru parts department would be able to quickly get you this information and probably sell you one. Make them work, call them up!

Hold on, who has what and is trading for what?

Also, I didn't realize there were two versions of the autodimiing mirror. I now have two, the second one I picked up because it had the little cover for the power wires (silly me). Anyway, one has one central button with the compass in the mirror up in the top right corner, and one has two buttons with the compass in the center below the mirror. The latter looks like the one in my Legacy manual. But the former looks like what most people have on this board. Is one newer than the other? Did Subaru change mirrors at some point? I know that neither of them are the homelink mirror, that has more than two buttons.

So I have both a regular mirror and a spare compass mirror. For now I have installed the two button model (I like more buttons) but I haven't decided which I will keep.

I don't like the autodimming mirror in my 05 GT wagon. Is there a manual mirror from Subaru that I could use instead? Anyone have the part numbers?

Thanks,

John

ill trade you for my manual mirror, where are you located?

home link for garage doors

Hold on, who has what and is trading for what?

Also, I didn't realize there were two versions of the autodimiing mirror. I now have two, the second one I picked up because it had the little cover for the power wires (silly me). Anyway, one has one central button with the compass in the mirror up in the top right corner, and one has two buttons with the compass in the center below the mirror. The latter looks like the one in my Legacy manual. But the former looks like what most people have on this board. Is one newer than the other? Did Subaru change mirrors at some point? I know that neither of them are the homelink mirror, that has more than two buttons.

So I have both a regular mirror and a spare compass mirror. For now I have installed the two button model (I like more buttons) but I haven't decided which I will keep.

I know what the home link is for, and I don't have a home link mirror. What I have are two different versions of the compass mirror. The one with two buttons enables you to turn off the auto dimming function and turn off the compass. When it is on there is a low level green light, which I might find a little distracting, haven't decided yet as I haven't driven at night with it yet. I'm not sure what the function of the single button compass mirror is, probably different based on how long you hold the button.

Archived