LegacyGT.com

Well guys, my time here is up. I just bought an Accord EX coupe 5 speed in graphite for $23.8 OTD (Legacy 2.5i base was $23.2). Over the Legacy, it adds leather, moonroof, XM radio, fold down rear seats, immobilizer, dual climate control, extended armrest, steering wheel controls, a much better stereo, and a telescoping steering wheel. It was a bit more expensive mainly because they gave me $1k less on the trade in, but the extra features are worth it, plus I'll be saving $230 in gas every year to make up the difference. To be honest, Subaru's unwillingness to give out the free maintenance coupons to us really pushed me away. Seriously, wouldn't you think that not all that many people would know about these coupons, so not that many people would even ask for them? They also have really tight security on their $25 visa gift cards, which in addition to the above, bugs me so much that I don't even want to send in my claim for it. This is the type of stuff that keeps young people away, as honesty and fairness is a big deal to Gen Y. For the premium we're paying for these cars over others, and their need to increase sales, they should at least treat all of their customers right. Trying to morph into an upscale nameplate doesn't start with being snobby. The Subaru dealer here is great. They are always the top rated in the town every year. I feel bad for them, but it was nothing personal. I'm happy with my new car and my decision, but I do need some more practice with the 5 speed. :D Good luck guys and girls

A couple of mfgs started the big incentives bid and now a lot of people expect them. I guess I still really don't think about requiring them. If they're there, great, if there not, it's not the end of the world. What did we do before incentives got big? Ya know. I hope the new car serves you well.

[quote name='SUBE555']A couple of mfgs started the big incentives bid and now a lot of people expect them. I guess I still really don't think about requiring them. If they're there, great, if there not, it's not the end of the world. What did we do before incentives got big? Ya know. I hope the new car serves you well.[/quote] Haha ... I was so excited when I pick up my Legacy I forgot to have my dealer sign my test drive $25 cert. and Legacy purchase gift cert. when I bought my car. I even had them in my bag too :p

You have just demonstrated that if you don't require or desire AWD, then there are a lot of vehicles out there that offer more features (except AWD) for less cash than the Legacy. Enjoy your new Accord.

I dont know about you guys but I test drove the Accord and it just didn't give me the enjoyment that the GT gave me. When my baby comes on boost - Wheeeee!! Man, I love living in the hills! - What a great excuse to test the AWD! :twisted: -Matt

Man, buying a car is such a hard decision! This car's a bit big, although smaller than my Solara. The interior is small, so it felt small at first. The Legacy's a great size. If only I had the money to buy both! :D

A co-worker of mine bought an Accord EX about 7 months ago. He says he loves it's smooth power, quiet ride, and all the features for the price (just about $22k). Last week he got to drive the Legacy GT and he complained that it was noisy while cruising with the windows down. I told him it was obvious that it was his first time in a Subaru becasue otherwise he'd know about the unmistakable boxer sound. After replying "Box of what?" he maintained that he was very happy with his Accord and wouldn't change it for a GT. It confuses me but then again I have the dedication to Subaru that he has for his Honda. He was driving a 96 Blazer and a 95 Chevy Malibu before so I can see how the Accord was a huge improvement for him. To each his own, I say. Good luck with your car 7stars and don't leave, you can still hang out where the "real" cars are. :wink:

[quote name='goneskiian']I'll third that! No reason to leave. Heck most of us have probably come from Honda's anyway! :wink: -Ian[/quote] Uh, wait a minute. I went from a Subaru to a Subaru to a Subaru. Before that, I was in a Dodge Intrepid (with the special, quick-release transmission). :lol: Sounds like a GT wasn't in the cards, eh? The Accord is a really nice car. I just can't get over the oddness of feeling a front-drive car whenever I have occasion to drive one. Kevin

The front ends of accords look very nice from my GT... :P Nah, they really are nice cars, no need to bail on the forum if you like the people...I'm personally starting to try to discourage people from the legacy, so mine'll be more unique, so I like to hear people buying other stuff... :D

Archived