LegacyGT.com

8 psi boost and Zero WGDC

Zimm

Hey all,

I just noticed today on my way in to work that I am not getting to my boost targets anymore. I am only seein around 8 psi. I did a LV and a partial log (difficult to do a full pull around here). Any ideas why this would be happening? I had taken a road trip of around 300 miles this Saturday and the car was fairly fully loaded (4 adults and a trunk full of stuff) but I couldn't imagine that would cause this. I have always filled up with Shell 92.

The tune I am running an etune stage 2 with the only mods to the car being a gutted first cat.

Attached is the LV and log.

I appreciate any input you might have.

Thanks,

Jason

LearningView_8-17-2009 5 27 09 PM.csv

romraiderlog_20090817_173155.csv

I am no tuning expert. But, I think your ECU has cut back your advance multiplier due to sensing knock (I have no idea why). Best case for your would be a tank of bad gas, then you could just reset the ecu when filling up again and you would be back to IAM of 1. Then again, you have no knock on your log so :confused:. I am sure someone with more knowledge will chime in shortly.

Thanks, I am hopeful we can figure this out. I have the tuner looking at my log now and we will see if he can figure it out. The car has been performing great until this and I don't notice any other problems while driving. I did fill up at a station not normal for me but was still a Shell. An ECU reset may correct this but I want to see if I can figure out why this happened first.

Thanks again.

It looks like you had a ton of knock events prior to that log based on the learned knock table and the IAM having dropped. If this came out of nowhere it's possible you got a tank of bad gas. What other mods are you running? Is this an opensource base map, or did you purchase a specific etune?

Well I sent an email to my tuner (infamous1) and he also felt it is due to a bad tank of gas. I did have to fill up and a station other than my normal haunts. I try to stick to Shell exclusivly and this was a Shell station but it appears that they may have had some real bad gas.

I did an ECU reset at his request and ran a few more logs. I am now making full boost and no knock during the pulls. You can see in the attached logs and LV.

I would like to take a moment to thank Infamous1 for his work and support. I have been out of the tuning period for over a month and he was still very quick to respond and offer his help. This did turn out to be minor but the fact remains he was willing to assist. I am also extremely impressed with the tune itself. I only have a gutted first cat and no other mods and this map has me boosting to ~17.5psi. It feels great!!

Thanks again for theinput folks. :)

romraiderlog_20090817_200537.csv

romraiderlog_20090817_200905.csv

romraiderlog_20090817_201410.csv

2050585473_LearningView_SS_8-17-200982812PM.jpg.897b2d6253032bd8770b7039d4502b70.jpg

Still trying to track down a new laptop, but I can see logs at work :p Yeah the reason for the 0% wgdc is because I disable boost control anytime the IAM falls below the initial multiplier (.75). Definately seems to be bad gas, seen me another LV after about 500 miles or so. The rmost recent 3rd gear pulls are completely knock free.

Archived