LegacyGT.com

Pics of Front Sway Bar

bluechipbmw

By any chance does anyone have pics of an aftermarket front swaybar installed on their car? I am curious to see how close the swaybar is to what I believe is the steering rod ( I could be wrong).

I currently have the cusco installed and it seems a little too close for comfort. I can barely fit a piece of paper in between the two. Is this normal? I have read several threads on this forum where people have complained its too close. Can this cause damage? Can they hit each other over bumps? Maybe thats what I hear rather then the endlinks.

So I was wondering if anyone happens to have a pic of their front swaybar installed if they can post it on this thread so I can compare to mine. I am also curious to see what other cusco owners agree.

Thanks

**** Edited font size and type..... mccorry

I just went out to my car, and yes, what you have is completely upside down..

The bar is suppose to go UNDER the tie rod, not OVER IT.

If you need pics, let me know and I'll take some pics of them for ya..

Now I am curious to all the people who have their sway bars installed incorrectly.

Keefe

I just went out to my car, and yes, what you have is completely upside down..

The bar is suppose to go UNDER the tie rod, not OVER IT.

If you need pics, let me know and I'll take some pics of them for ya..

Now I am curious to all the people who have their sway bars installed incorrectly.

Hey Keefe - If it's not a problem would you be able to take pics? I just recently bad it in the shop at MSPT and they said it was installed correctly. So I am curious to see how yours is installed.

Thanks!

they are stupid, they got it all wrong (and I will say that and you can quote me because they didnt even bother to take a GOOD look of a stock bar of how it was even routed prior to taking the stock bar off). The bar is suppose to loop UNDER the tie rod bar, not over. Basically they installed it upside down and backwards
Keefe

they are stupid, they got it all wrong (and I will say that and you can quote me because they didnt even bother to take a GOOD look of a stock bar of how it was even routed prior to taking the stock bar off). The bar is suppose to loop UNDER the tie rod bar, not over. Basically they installed it upside down and backwards

Actually they didn't install it. I had a friend do it for me. But the shop did notice it was too close to the steering rod. I guess my friend is the stupid one...LOL :lol:

Here's mine (cuz this thread bothered the hell out of me):

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4964/img00018rc.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8665/img00023yd.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7900/img00032mm.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8572/img00047ak.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2089/img00057df.jpg

Keefe

just to be clear here we never installed that swaybar, it was on the car when it came here-we just questioned if it was the right one for the car.and he did not have his oem ones to compare.the rear bar also hits the rear control arms.we did not install any sway bars on this car.i think the word stupid is uncalled for!

dave/mspt

just to be clear here we never installed that swaybar, it was on the car when it came here-we just questioned if it was the right one for the car.and he did not have his oem ones to compare.the rear bar also hits the rear control arms.we did not install any sway bars on this car.i think the word stupid is uncalled for!

dave/mspt

Hey Dave - I also posted it wasn't MSPT that installed it. The installation was done by a friend of mine who was trying to help me out and not from MSPT.

Sorry if I caused any confusion.

• 1 month later...

dave/mspt

sorry dave, but the original poster did correct my statement and clarified in saying that it's him and his friend that did the semi-installation (see post #11 of this thread as well as post #16)...

I am not directly bashing at your business as a vendor, it could have been any other shop or persons (hence I use the word "they" to be ambiguous) that done the work and still make that kind of mistake regardless.. no hard feelings on that.. as you know Dave, there are some serious wrench monkeys that you may have encountered in your days that you had to fire because they couldnt understand a simple notion of "left-loose, right-tight" means. I dont let other people work with me on cars, I work alone for the most part unless they happen to know more than I do about installations/modifications/tuning.

Keefe

Archived