LegacyGT.com

Autospeed connected to COBB Downpipe

Scooby2.5

Anyone have any problems connecting the autospeed exhaust to the cobb downpipe?

Did you use the factory spring bolts with the donut gasket or the autospeed gasket and bolts?

thanks in advance, Im gettting ready to install mine and was wondering if I would run into any problems with this setup.

Greg

A little late, as I'm guessing you did the install this weekend.

I have a cobb dp and autospeed cbe. They didn't mate up very well. I used a regular gasket and alot of copper silicone and that leaked. I went to a remflex gasket and a bunch of copper silicone and no leaks yet.

i have a 05 LGT 5eat and I just bought the cobb catted down pipe and the autospeed catback exhaust.....please dont tell me that these two systems wont merge without a remflex gasket and a bunch of copper silicone........

• 2 months later...
they tech guys at my subaru got the two systems linked great the only prob was the passenger muffler its a little offset nothing could be done.....its not noticable unless u are really anal and look them for a long time....other that that it sounds like a monster and im getting all eyes.....goodluck iuksob03

they tech guys at my subaru got the two systems linked great the only prob was the passenger muffler its a little offset nothing could be done.....its not noticable unless u are really anal and look them for a long time....other that that it sounds like a monster and im getting all eyes.....goodluck iuksob03

just be carefull if you upgrade your rsb. autospeed cbe has fitment issues with lowered cars, larger rsb etc. the exhaust note is awesome

We did use the swaybar relocation brackets. The brackets just slides directly in the same spot as the stock and pushes the bar forward just enough to avoid contact with the y-pipe. After putting the brackets on, the bar was very very close to resting on the bottom of the trunk. I've driven about 50 miles or so and haven't noticed any contact issues so far.

Were you able to use the factory exhaust hangers OK?

Right now I've got a mix of stock and the kartboy longer hangers. I was shorted one on my order, so we didn't have the full complement at the time of the install. I would definitely get the kartboy hangers, they make life a LOT easier. Alignment was real goofy and quite a stretch when we tried the stock hangers. Right now I think I just have the longers hangers on the y-pipe and on the passenger side mufffler. I'll be switching the rest of the hangers out when we try to realign things soon.

You know I got the kartboys when i did a mockup on my outback.

The only problem is the karboy hangers really dont fit well. The holes are too large for the muffler hangers.

Someone posted under an autospeed thread somewhere that they got hangers from napa or some autoparts store that worked well. Ill probably go that route.

I really dont understand why this exhaust wasnt made to fit with the stock hangers

We didn't really notice any difference getting the hangers onto the hooks. They weren't as tight as the stock ones, but they were hardly loose by any means. I'll double check today to see if there's been any wear on them.

Ok, just checked the hangers again and there is a little more play than I remember. The holes are definitely a little too big for the hangers. I'll have to see how it fits with all of them in before I decide whether or not to go another route.

i have this cbe, and the kartboy hangers as well for a couple months now and haven't had any problems. they are a little looser than stock, but they have yet to just pop off or anything. i also retained the stock hanger at the y just because it had a little more give, and it let the exhaust hang a little lower because i was planning on getting cobb sways. by the way if you think that the stock bar was close, wait till you get a aftermarket bar!!!
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

i have this cbe, and the kartboy hangers as well for a couple months now and haven't had any problems. they are a little looser than stock, but they have yet to just pop off or anything. i also retained the stock hanger at the y just because it had a little more give, and it let the exhaust hang a little lower because i was planning on getting cobb sways. by the way if you think that the stock bar was close, wait till you get a aftermarket bar!!!

Can you post some pics of your setup with the aftermarket sway? I just sold my perrin ones because I didn't want to deal with it if it was gonna clank.

I think to have a flex section welded in, you would need to cut the pipe quite a bit. I think as long as you have some hangers with some mobility, the fitment should be fine. I'm contemplating taking the gaskets out and just putting one in. The issue for me was more for covering the whole diameter of the exhaust. The cobb flange is quite a bit smaller and thinner than the flange on the exhaust.

Archived